been gone for 10 days (jk mods) - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > been gone for 10 days (jk mods)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #136
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlow69 View Post
Sorry forgot to mention the mirror relocation brackets, KC windshield mounts and a set of chrome KC Daylighters.
wow...that's a lot of stuff for $3000! awesome.

here's a couple of choice pics from this weekend's activities

...i disconnected the sway bar links for the first time this weekend. i will never wheel with them connected again!

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13

Last edited by b_c; 03-22-2009 at 10:24 AM..
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #137
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

top this!

...after we got back from the creek yesterday, i asked my buddy to help me finally install mod 3, the soft top.

here's a couple of install pics:

parts included in my $300 deal of the century...

front/rear door surrounds and hardware (plastic molding that the top attaches to), top (mine came assembled, thank God), tail gate retainers, tail gate bar, roll bar brackets, and window inserts.

install all mounts

attach top to roll bar bracket (top being assemble already was a life saver)

massage into place...it'll take a while to stretch (took us about an hour @ ~76F)

zip in windows

...i like it

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13

Last edited by b_c; 03-22-2009 at 10:05 AM..
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #138
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

nice congrats man
wrestlerobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #139
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlerobx View Post
nice congrats man

thanks, man...

...took it to the diy spray wash today. no leakage to report

...stay tuned. quick disco's are on their way!

b_c

Unread 03-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #140
peenkfloeed
2008 JK Wrangler 

Man 300 bucks for a soft top!!! You are finding some great deals!
peenkfloeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 06:11 AM   #141
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post

...stay tuned. quick disco's are on their way!

b_c
Where did you get your quick disco's from. I'm looking for a pair myself, or possibly fabing my own.
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #142
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceface View Post
Where did you get your quick disco's from. I'm looking for a pair myself, or possibly fabing my own.
4wheelparts off of 1960w...

...want a 5% discount? ask me how.

the disco's should be here tomorrow before noon. JKS "quicker" disconnects...p/n 2030 (for 0"-2" lifts). hopefully it won't be raining, and i'll be able to install them. looks like it'll only take about 30mins or so.

b_c

Unread 03-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #143
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
4wheelparts off of 1960w...

...want a 5% discount? ask me how.
Wanna buy them at cost....know the manager. lol Glad you got em. I'm planning on getting some soon for 4-6 inch of lift. Let me know how installation goes bud.
Unread 03-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #144
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

oh yeah...it's on AND off, now!

mod 18 - JKS "QUICKER" SWAY BAR DISCONNECTS P/N 2030- well, today, i went to go pickup the jks "quicker" disconnects from 4whlprts by my house. i ordered them yesterday, and they were there (w/ free shipping) by 12:20pm when i went by.

they took about an hour to install b/c i had "issues" with the upper bolts to the oem sway bar links. also, it took me about 5mins to figure out the verbiage of what way the inserts were supposed to be mounted.

it's all good, though. they're mounted

jks "quicker" sway bar disconnects p/n 2030 (4wheelparts...$145 w/ tax)

...oh, and i splooged bearing grease all over one of my favorite pair of shorts

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 03-26-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Unread 03-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #145
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

lookin good
wrestlerobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #146
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

oh, and i splooged

b_c

Sexy...789
Unread 04-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #147
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

a BIG day

lots of stuff in the mail:

mod 19 - DAYSTAR DASH REPLACEMENT
- i needed a place to keep my cell phone other than the cup holder.

(ebay auction...$31.52 w/ shipping)

mod 20 - SKID ROW OFFROAD SKID PLATE - that goofy looking plastic skid plate is a pain in the *** to work around when under the jeep, and i freaking loathe those plastic screw retainer pins, any excuse to get rid of any plastic retainers is good news to me (especially outside the jeep)

i like the manufacturing and finish of the plate, BUT i have to admit: the look in the magazine is a bit deceptive. i thought it hung down a bit more to cover the steering components a bit more.

(quadratecDOTcom...$81.98 w/ shipping)

oh...also, look at this buildup of dirt that was not visible, but would surely start corroding your frame rail there. wash thoroughly between there

mod 6 - REVISITED - the other day out in the trails i encountered a tight spot where my antenna got hung up on a branch. i wasn't stopping to save the antenna to spite my jeep, so a long-story and a 45*-angled-antenna-driving-down-the-highway later i ordered these:

firestik ss-3h heavy duty stainless steel spring and new firestik ii hand tunable antenna

...i definitely recommend getting a spring for your antenna if you have the ultramount setup. now, i'm just worried about the spring/antenna cracking my taillight. :|

b_c

Last edited by b_c; 04-02-2009 at 09:23 PM..
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #148
KICKER32
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
lots of stuff in the mail:

mod 19 - DAYSTAR DASH REPLACEMENT
- i needed a place to keep my cell phone other than the cup holder.

(ebay auction...$31.52 w/ shipping)

mod 20 - SKID ROW OFFROAD SKID PLATE - that goofy looking plastic skid plate is a pain in the *** to work around when under the jeep, and i freaking loathe those plastic screw retainer pins, any excuse to get rid of any plastic retainers is good news to me (especially outside the jeep)

i like the manufacturing and finish of the plate, BUT i have to admit: the look in the magazine is a bit deceptive. i thought it hung down a bit more to cover the steering components a bit more.

(quadratecDOTcom...$81.98 w/ shipping)

oh...also, look at this buildup of dirt that was not visible, but would surely start corroding your frame rail there. wash thoroughly between there

mod 6 - REVISITED - the other day out in the trails i encountered a tight spot where my antenna got hung up on a branch. i wasn't stopping to save the antenna to spite my jeep, so a long-story and a 45*-angled-antenna-driving-down-the-highway later i ordered these:

firestik ss-3h heavy duty stainless steel spring and new firestik ii hand tunable antenna

...i definitely recommend getting a spring for your antenna if you have the ultramount setup. now, i'm just worried about the spring/antenna cracking my taillight. :|

b_c
tail light gaurds?
KICKER32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #149
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KICKER32 View Post
tail light gaurds?

yeah, i like the looks of the mopar "jeep" ones...i just don't like the cost $120+...

...i hope i can find some that someone is trying to get rid of. on the cheap, of course

here's something to ponder:

yesterday, when i was under the jeep installing the skid plate, i happened to look up at the steering stabilizer and saw this

...it no looky too good

just called 4whlprts and they said they have a procomp replacement in stock for me to pickup if i want ~$38ish + tax. from what i see on the net that's a fairly good price (plus i'll get 5% off of that, anyway).

so what do ya'll think? replace? ...and if so, replace with procomp or with a different brand?

b_c

Unread 04-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #150
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dont get procomp...I'm not impressed with their shocks or SS's. If your still dead set on it. I'll give you mine, if you install a SS on my TJ along with my quick disco's. :-) It probably has 5k miles on it. Only a few months old.

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift , lift kit , poison spider customs , rancho , teraflex , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.