Bedlining Jeep interior + Cubby hole cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bedlining Jeep interior + Cubby hole cover

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineKrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach Sale

Unread 07-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bedlining Jeep interior + Cubby hole cover

I got rain in my Jeep yesterday and it was all I needed to remember me how great a bedlined interior is in the summer with the carpet out.

I will be rolling a DIY bedliner in the near future.

What do you do with the cubby hole at the back tough? The cover is made of carpet. I saw the Tuffy cubby cover, a little expensive for my taste. Any other ideas?

I'd like to see pics of what you guys did too.

Thanks!

Unread 07-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
nyrangersfan19
2012 JK Wrangler 

I second this. I was just thinking about what to do this afternoon!
nyrangersfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

I left mine carpet. When / if it gets destroyed, I'll do something, but so far it's held up fine. I've got a duster cover back there though, so it's sealed pretty well.
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
nyrangersfan19
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think I'm going to try and find some inexpensive sheet metal and see how cost effective it would be to make one.
nyrangersfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baotchi View Post
What do you do with the cubby hole at the back tough? The cover is made of carpet. I saw the Tuffy cubby cover, a little expensive for my taste. Any other ideas?

I'd like to see pics of what you guys did too.

Thanks!
I actually truck bed coated my tub last week. I still use my fuzzy cubby hole cover, can you tell?

Here's my thread if you're interested: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...udget-1071724/.

No more worrying about getting caught in the rain with the top down and doors off for me
Unread 07-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I Herculined the whole tub, but put the carpet back in over the rear wheel wells (to cover the wiring bundles), and over the stash hole. That flap is strong enough to put things on top of, and with all the drain plugs out, who cares about rain? (I put the top up when it rains, but the doors and windows stay off.)

That Tuffy deck enclosure isn't totally waterproof, but it's a great way to leave lots of gear in back....

Last edited by wilywillie; 07-20-2010 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: forgot photos
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
That Tuffy deck enclosure isn't totally waterproof, but it's a great way to leave lots of gear in back....
I love that desk the more and more I see it. If you have cargo larger than what would fit under it can you remove the top piece easily?
Unread 07-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
djkbooth
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
I actually truck bed coated my tub last week. I still use my fuzzy cubby hole cover, can you tell?

Here's my thread if you're interested: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...udget-1071724/.

No more worrying about getting caught in the rain with the top down and doors off for me
x2 on the liner, i got a husky
djkbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

the top and back are real easy to take out. the top just slides off and the back uses bolts with knobs on them. i love mine.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bedliner , Bedliner install , JK Wrangler , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.