Bedlining on a Budget - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bedlining on a Budget

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #31
KrissyBean
2007 JK Wrangler 

oo thanks!

KrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #32
zostrain
2010 JK Wrangler 

Did you have to sand before spraying?
zostrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #33
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zostrain View Post
Did you have to sand before spraying?
It is um...very highly recommended. I however did not; just cleaned the areas to be painted with alcohol really well and let dry.
Unread 08-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #34
Croce
2009 JK Wrangler 

Fyi to anyone planning on doing this. I was going to just paint over the Heatshields as my jeep is only a few months old and only got rained in once... I've been letting the jeep dry out for a few days now, no water anywhere. But under the heatshield was puddles of water. I highly suggest chiseling these off before it starts rusting
[CENTER][B][COLOR="black"]2009 Jeep JK Sahara Unlimited[/COLOR][/B] | Smittybilt XRC Rock Guards | Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper | Rockcrusher Front D30 Diff Cover | KC Hilities Daylighters | Rancho Oil Pan Cover | BMD Evap Skid | AEV Snorkel [/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Mirror Flip | Daystar dash | Painted Sahara Rims | Seat mounted Mag-lites | Gutter Grill inserts | Smittybilt Seat covers | Vent Mirrors | Spray Can-Bed Liner and Interior Paint [/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/"][COLOR="yellow"]Jeep Owners Manual[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Any fool can know. The point is to understand- Einstein[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #35
Croce
2009 JK Wrangler 

Here's my pics. This is the third coat out of the four i did
dsc_0506.jpg   dsc_0484.jpg   dsc_0486.jpg   dsc_0488.jpg   dsc_0500.jpg  

[CENTER][B][COLOR="black"]2009 Jeep JK Sahara Unlimited[/COLOR][/B] | Smittybilt XRC Rock Guards | Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper | Rockcrusher Front D30 Diff Cover | KC Hilities Daylighters | Rancho Oil Pan Cover | BMD Evap Skid | AEV Snorkel [/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Mirror Flip | Daystar dash | Painted Sahara Rims | Seat mounted Mag-lites | Gutter Grill inserts | Smittybilt Seat covers | Vent Mirrors | Spray Can-Bed Liner and Interior Paint [/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/"][COLOR="yellow"]Jeep Owners Manual[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Any fool can know. The point is to understand- Einstein[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #36
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
Here's my pics. This is the third coat out of the four i did
Sweet!!!! Smart idea using plastic wrap to mask...wish I woulda thought about that.
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #37
Croce
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
Sweet!!!! Smart idea using plastic wrap to mask...wish I woulda thought about that.
Thanks..saved alotta time, saw some pics on another thread that had the plastic wrap
Just made a nice scratch putting the rear seat in tho a few minutes ago Gunna go grab another can and do some touch up tonight

Unread 08-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #38
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Gunna go grab another can and do some touch up tonight
that's the best part about this stuff, will touch up in seconds.
Unread 08-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #39
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Love the way it looks. Not planning on using my Jeep like a pick up truck and loading alot of cargo. Great fix for me who carries little cargo in the back. Is removing the heat shield necessary?
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #40
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just made a nice scratch putting the rear seat in tho a few minutes ago
BINGO!
The above is why the spray cans are not an alternative. It's nowhere near as hard as catalyzed formulas, and nowhere near as thick as a gallon of rolled on or sprayed onn liner.

There's MAYBE 6 ounces of usable material in a can, the rest is propellant. 10 cans is 60 ounces at best.... less than half a gallon of liner. I suspect it's really more like half that.

At 9 bucks a can, even if you used 10 cans and even if you got 60 ounces of stuff on, you'll still have less than half the thickeness of a DIY roll in liner... and you'll have spent 90 bucks.

Herculiner, Raptor, and my personal preference, Monstaliner, all cost right around 100 bucks for a full gallon of liner that holds up far better than the spraycan junk.

So: spraycans: cost twice to 4 times as much for the same film thickness... AND won't build well to that thickness, because they won't cure right that thick.

But hey, I guess if you don't actually need the protection and just want the 'bedliner look".... it might be a way to go.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bedliner , Bedliner install , diy , JK Wrangler , suggestions , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.