Bedlining on a Budget - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bedlining on a Budget

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #16
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It looks better than most every bedliner job I've seen, but it looks thin. I'm curious how tough and durable it is. Any folks out there been running this stuff for any length of time care to chime in about durability?

asknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #17
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks great! do you know if that stuff is paintable?
I actually like how thin it looks and can be easily touched up if it gets scratched too much. Would also be easy to through the carpet in later if you want.. Very good job.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:55 AM   #18
Scooter_Trash
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord2 View Post
I actually like how thin it looks and can be easily touched up if it gets scratched too much. Would also be easy to through the carpet in later if you want.. Very good job.
You can paint over the top of it. I bedlined my bike using Duplicolor about 3 or 4 years ago. I painted over it with a duplicolor metal flake blue (rattlecan).

Since then, I've gone back over it with bedliner. Here's how it looks now.

Scooter_Trash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #19
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernjack View Post
Very professional looking job ....... Well done dude . How long did you let it sit between coats ? Again awesome job .
Thanks man I let it sit the recommended 2 minutes before the next coat. That's another reason I love this stuff; it takes no time at all to put down a couple coats and dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord2 View Post
I had no idea it was paintable lol. But yeah, it is very thin; for those of you that use the cargo area of the Jeep as a truck bed you may want to go with a thicker professional liner to avoid dents, dings, and deep scratches.

For me it works fine because like you said it touches up so easy if I were to get a bunch of scratches over time it would be no big deal to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_Trash View Post
You can paint over the top of it. I bedlined my bike using Duplicolor about 3 or 4 years ago. I painted over it with a duplicolor metal flake blue (rattlecan).

That looks freakin sweet.
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #20
Rafi
2010 JK Wrangler 

great idea. looks really good. i dunno if missed it, but how many cans did you use?
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:40 AM   #21
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
great idea. looks really good. i dunno if missed it, but how many cans did you use?
'Bout 6.

Forgot to mention I've already had a chance to test it in the rain. I was driving back from my local 4 Wheel parts on Friday and I hit a pocket of Florida monsoon rain that had 95 slowing down to 30MPH.

Was running the safari top so I rolled up the windows to keep myself dry while the cargo area got poured on. The bed coating and drain plugs did their job
Unread 07-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #22
06dak
2003 TJ Wrangler 

How much louder is the drive? Or, should I say, have you had a chance to drive it top & doors on and up and noticed any difference in road noise?
06dak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dak View Post
How much louder is the drive? Or, should I say, have you had a chance to drive it top & doors on and up and noticed any difference in road noise?
Not yet; I plan on running the safari top all summer long now. With the safari top on and the windows all up it wasn't any louder, but like you hinted the real test will be an entirely closed cab.
Unread 07-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #24
northeastern
2008 JK Wrangler 

what did u do with all the wiring? just move it out of the way im assuming? also what did u do with the center console? i've never really looked at how to remove it but was it easy? From what i've figured out you need to remove the 3 seats, the seatbelts, the center console? the sub? I obviously have a few questions, any adive would be great im looking into doing this, my little brother has a honda element and his came without carpets like this and im jealous... of en element... oh no.
northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #25
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
what did u do with all the wiring? just move it out of the way im assuming? also what did u do with the center console? i've never really looked at how to remove it but was it easy? From what i've figured out you need to remove the 3 seats, the seatbelts, the center console? the sub? I obviously have a few questions, any adive would be great im looking into doing this, my little brother has a honda element and his came without carpets like this and im jealous... of en element... oh no.
I actually left all the wiring conduit where it was. That was another one of the benefits of working with the rattle cans, all I had to do was put on a latex glove and move the conduit out of the way long enough to spray what was behind it.

I debated on whether or not to remove the center console, I did it once before when my parking break hand broke from the cable. It wasn't hard, but I have to admit I cut a corner there and just masked it off. You can't tell it was just masked off and no one will ever know unless I have the center console removed again.

Really all I removed was the seats, and the sub. Everything else was either masked and/or pulled out of the way (you'll notice the seatbelts in the 3rd pic are wrapped around the front seats).

Pull out your carpet, throw some bed coating down and you're brother will be the jealous one :P
Unread 07-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #26
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks good. Does removing the carpet make it any louder in the cab? Less sound deadening. I think I paid around $7 for the rattle cans at our local Walmart. Used it on my rails. Looks good and is also anti-slip.
Unread 08-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #27
KrissyBean
2007 JK Wrangler 

never thought about doing a bedliner for the tubs/floors.. but now that ive read and seen pics... i think i kinda like it.. very interesting.. and good job btw deepsky looks great for doing it yourslef! and i agree do the tailgate!
KrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #28
KrissyBean
2007 JK Wrangler 

ohh deepsky.. whered did you get the clip to hold the shovel on? did it come with the jeep or you buy it somewhere?
KrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #29
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great! I used this stuff a lot on my 2000 ZR2 Blazer when I had it. I painted the spare tire carrier, the roof rack, the fender flares, and the rear window trim with it. It worked great for spray.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #30
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJK View Post
Does removing the carpet make it any louder in the cab? Less sound deadening.
I'll let you know when I put the soft top back on in a few months

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyBean View Post
ohh deepsky.. whered did you get the clip to hold the shovel on? did it come with the jeep or you buy it somewhere?
I did that myself. They're called "Quick Fists" and you get get them from Cabela's (Cabela's Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
I painted the spare tire carrier, the roof rack, the fender flares, and the rear window trim with it. It worked great for spray.
haha yeah, this stuff is so easy to work with its easy to get carried away.

Tags
Bedliner , Bedliner install , diy , JK Wrangler , suggestions , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.