I got tired of constantly worrying if it was going to rain while I had the top down, doors off, just the safari top on, or any combination of those three so I decided to take my carpet out and bedline the tub.
I was aware of all the bedlining kits available for this project but I wasn't sure if I was going to have the patience to use one considering the heat we've been having so I decided to use the Rustoleum brand spray on truck bed coating. This is the same stuff that I used to do my door hinges and not only has it held up great, but its also really great if you need to do any touchups.
Anyway I completed the entire project between Monday and Friday last week spending about 2 1/2 hours every evening that week after work.
I discovered a couple pounds of sand under the carpet after it was removed so for the first time I had the pleasure of cleaning the interior with a garden hose:
The same night I removed the carpet I also took out the back seat. The following night I completed the passenger's section:
The next night I did half the back behind the passenger seat; then on Thursday the other side:
Friday night I finished up with the driver's side and put everything back together:
And here is how it looks finished: