Bed Lining This Weekend - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bed Lining This Weekend

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Fluevog
2012 JK Wrangler 

Bed Lining This Weekend

Hey guys I got myself a gallon kit of the monstaliner diy bed liner. I am planning on doing the project this weekend. However, every time I go out to my 2012 2 door I see a new bolt that I don't know what size it is and where the others are located. I also cannot find any clear instructions on how to remove a 2012, or jk in general, middle console or fronts seats. If someone could give a detailed description of what i need to do in terms of removing seats and consoles and what tools I will need it would be awesome! Thanks

Fluevog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

You will need a set of metric sockets and torx bits. Apart from that the centre console has two torx bolts in the rear. Move the front seats forward to access them. Once that is removed, you start by pulling up on the cup holders and when they are unseated you pull firmly up on the whole centre console. They have a number of clips holding them in. Be carefule though, the lights in the front/back cup holders are connected, you don't want to tear them out! Apart from that, I believe the shifter nob heads remove by pulling up on them as we'll, they will need to be removed before doing the console completely. Sorry, I haven't done the shifter part before so get info from another who has just in case there are set screws or something. Usually those guys need a BIG pull. Good luck!
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
Fluevog
2012 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone know the exact torx sizes that I will need?
Fluevog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #4
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just buy a set, there's a ton of torx fasteners in Jeeps, or cars in general, and usually a set costs the same as buying 2-3 individual bits.
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't get a cheaply made set.

You can thank me later.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.