BB w/ 35's and factory wheels. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > BB w/ 35's and factory wheels.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
CJATE

BB w/ 35's and factory wheels.

I'm a CJ guy. Dad got a JK few years back and is ready for small lift. It's in the dirt/farm a lot, but his philosophy is stay in 2wheel until you need 4. 4 is only used to back out and go home.

All that to say I've searched a bit and can't really find the answers.

Looking at the Tera flex BB. What is better? New shocks or stick with factory+ existintions?

35's on factory wheels. I understand a 35 12.5 calls for 7.5-9" wheel and the OEM back spacing sucks. Are all JK wheels the same size? Or do the rubi come with wider wheel then Sahara? (I know TJ had that option)

What tire can I hang on factory gate?

What tools do I need to do the BB? I can't find instruction online. Does it require spring compressor?

Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
CJATE

Nothing?

No one knows the tools needed or if my Sahara wheels are the same size as rubi wheels?

35's, fenders cut
bad paint
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

What size are your rims? Mine are 17's off a 2010 rubicon. You will probably need some wheel spacers to clear 35's on stock rims
Gane35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

Also, one google search told me teraflex has a YouTube video of the bb instal on a jk.
We are happy to help but people wit spoon feed you info. Sometimes you got to hunt it down yourself.
Gane35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

OP, Everything you have asked has already been asked you should try the search feature.
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Jk rims are all 7.5 wide and from 16-18" a Rubicon will have 17". Going 35" on that year I would think will need a regear or "dad" wont get it out there unless in low range. Autos that year need at least 5:13 less for a manual.

The issue of using stock rims on a 12.5 wide tire have been gone over here a zillion times. spacers and having to under inflate etc....

I mean you need tools to do anything. What a Jk uses is Metric. You need metric tools. Do you need a spring compressor? No, could you use one sure. Depends on how much you are lifting the jeep UP^ or can at home.

I do not think 35"s and a BB lift is going to work out well. Just me I would not do it.

people say at 2.5 it works but I have seen people with 2.5 and 33"s rub at lock in a hard flex. if it was 35"s I bet it would catch the front flair and pull it off. those stock flairs you can pull off by hand it is that easy or any all plastic flairs. I ran 3 inch bump stops when I had stock flairs to keep from rubbing on 35"s. at 2.5 or less you going to have to lose the fenders.
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
CJATE

Thanks doc.

I was assuming rubi wheel was wider, like was an option on TJ.

And to every-else; one can't search "bb" on this site, search requires three letters.

35's, fenders cut
bad paint
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

No special tools.. A rachet wrench set, some open end wrenches a ft lb torque wrench, floor jack and some axle stands.

Sounds like a 2.5" BB will suit your Dad just fine. If he does plan on putting 35s on factory wheels ( they are a bit on the narrow side for my liking) then at least 1.5" wheel spacers will be required so the front doesn't rub when turning. If he still has the plastic air dam on the front he will need to trim that as well.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
CJATE

He has the budget for new wheels. Just seems like lots of guys are doing it. I was toying with the idea of spending wheel money on bumpers.

I only assume he has 3.73, but a 5 speed.

35's, fenders cut
bad paint
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Also note that most manufacturers of any size tire will recommend a range of proper widths of wheels for their tires. Mine was 8" to 10" for my 35"x17"x12.5", I ended up getting 17" x 9"s.

For the stock rims and 35" tires - you'll need 1.5" spacers for those 35's, however I would not recommend spacers to just anyone who is not either mechanically inclined and/or vehicle-maintenance minded. They must be good quality, put on right, and properly maintained for safe use. My opinion - get the proper size/backspace wheels, it will save you lots of headaches. If you go down to 17's or 16's you will save about $300-$500 per inch the smaller you go for a full set of tires. There's a couple of wheels!!!

As for the lift, get the Teraflex BB with shocks and springs. I wouldn't recommend the extensions on stock shocks, but that's just my opinion.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #11
CJATE

Thanks. He does not need any of this. We take my truck most of the time anyway.

I enjoy the work, but I've never once given thought to what was best/available to him.

I'll do the Tera flex with shocks, wheels and probably stick to 33's.

35's, fenders cut
bad paint
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
WeaponX24
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJATE
Thanks. He does not need any of this. We take my truck most of the time anyway.

I enjoy the work, but I've never once given thought to what was best/available to him.

I'll do the Tera flex with shocks, wheels and probably stick to 33's.

That's what I have now on my 2011 JK. No complaints. I'm toying with the idea of going with 35s though....
WeaponX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
WeaponX24
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here's a pic...

image-1258032702.jpg
WeaponX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #14
wryman
2008 JK Wrangler 

My setup

I'm running 35's on my 2008 JKRU with a Teraflex leveling kit only, with 1.5" Spidertrax spacers. I had to trim the pinch seam and the Rubi rails, but otherwise, it's great. I have a manual tranny, and with the 4:10's it still behaves pretty well. I do notice it above 75 mph on the highway, or when pulling up large hills I need to downshift, but I like my rig this way. Until I start crawling, it's a very inexpensive starting point.
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #15
CJATE

Found his build sheet.

4.10's behind his 6 speed. I feel a lot better

Ready to order

35's, fenders cut
bad paint

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.