battery light came on this morning? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > battery light came on this morning?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
xraypat23
2008 JK Wrangler 

battery light came on this morning?

So my battery light came on this morning. Truck started without hesitation, and drives and runs fine. Any clue what I need to do? Drop in a new battery? is it covered under my extended warranty?

xraypat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraypat23 View Post
So my battery light came on this morning. Truck started without hesitation, and drives and runs fine. Any clue what I need to do? Drop in a new battery? is it covered under my extended warranty?
The light indicates a charging system problem, or a low battery.

Is your battery the original one? If so, you are lucky to have had it this long.

Put a volt meter on the battery with the ignition off. It should be around 12.6 volts if it's been off for a while.

Put a volt meter on the battery with the engine running. It should be around 14 volts.

Then, have a load test done on the battery.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.