Barnett Rock Sliders? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Barnett Rock Sliders?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Barnett Rock Sliders?

Did a search and did not find anything on these. Looks like they are made with a Rubi slider. The website isn't very easy to navigate but, from what I can tell you can either,
A: buy a kit and weld it all together yourself.
B: buy just the steps and weld them on if you have Rubi sliders or,
C: buy a complete made up kit and bolt it on to the existing frame mounts.

Anyone know anything about them?

http://barnettperformance.net/index....roducts_id=149

Unread 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Wow, no one? Surprising, I figured someone wouldv'e had a look at these. They look real similar to Ace rails except they actually attach to the Rubi slider instead of going below it. I guess eliminating any loss of ground clearance on the sides. Plus, more protection from side impacts or the occasional door dings from parking lots. I gave them a call and of course they are backorderd for two months. Seems like a small or specialty type shop by the looks of the website. I talked with them about possibly sending them my Rubi sliders and having them attach the side tubes. He said they would do that for the price of the kit, no labor. Of course I would have to pay shipping to them.
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

does look like they reinforce the stock slider a little bit, would make a good step. but the fact that they mount to the rubi sliders and not the frame concerns me, ace and others attach to the frame because it is strong. the sheet metal and therefore the rubi step not so much, seen many rubi steps bent up causing body damage. not a true slider more of a pebble deflector
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

From what I can tell is that the Rubi slider is not needed with this kit (PART # BP-JKSLDR) but is with the other.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

One of the underbody kits shows a Rubicon rail, the other doesn't. The kits attach differently.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
ace and others attach to the frame because it is strong. the sheet metal and therefore the rubi step not so much, seen many rubi steps bent up causing body damage. not a true slider more of a pebble deflector
That is really the answer I was looking for. I was torn because I already have sliders. I need a step. (wife is short ) So, what you're saying is that Ace sliders and others, that have a step, are not only better sliders than the stock Rubi's but I will get the step I need too. It's about the same price...
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #7
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

yes ACE is not only a great step, but a slider that will actually hold some weight. they should have no problem holding the weight of your entire jk, ive seen them hold a four door on a rock no problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.