Banks Monster Exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Banks Monster Exhaust

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 07-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

Banks Monster Exhaust

Look what the UPS man brought today when I was at work. I will definitely post some after pics. Plan to install tomorrow

image.jpg  
Waltjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
nobndry
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have this and I love it! My only problem was that the clamps that come with the kit to hold the exhaust together suck. I ended up getting some band exhaust clamps from napa that are the same as the one that holds the tip on. Good luck with the instal!
nobndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

report back how you like it! i've been thinking about exhaust lately and the banks system has really been catching my eye.
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

Okay here's the deal with the kit. It is very easy to install. But as nobndry stated the clamps are s***. Banks recommends 35ft lbs of torque on them. But the welds on them crack at 20ft lbs. what they do is make it were the bolts go thru the clamp rolled steal. I am going to weld the pipes in tomorrow ran out of time tonite. Will post picks of the broken clamps tomorrow along with the finished product
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
skrach77
2005 WK 

I have this kit along with the Banks CAI- sound is pretty acceptable considering its a 6cl with exhaust... I am about to replace the CAI with a snorkel, so we will see what the sound does, but my only complaint with the kit is where the tip exits. I'm going to change mine so I don't pinch it shut on the first shelf I drive off...
skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

Sorry I've been very busy. As promised here is a picture of the s***** exhaust clamps
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

lets try this again
clamp.jpg

Unread 07-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

Okay so the exhaust sounds pretty decent. It's not to loud which is just what I was looking for. It has a nice low rumble

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.