Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bang

812 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JK_Jeep 
#1 ·
While driving in the mountains of southern New Mexico, on a steep steady grade, I had the loudest backfire i've ever heard. Kept driving with no indications of a problem other than the lightning symbol. Anyway it was five minutes or so to get where I was going so I waited til I got there to check things out. Lifted hood, inspected everything. No problems anywhere. When it was time to leave, she started, no lightning this time, and away we went trouble free. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

JK

#2 ·
2JK said:
While driving in the mountains of southern New Mexico, on a steep steady grade, I had the loudest backfire i've ever heard. Kept driving with no indications of a problem other than the lightning symbol. Anyway it was five minutes or so to get where I was going so I waited til I got there to check things out. Lifted hood, inspected everything. No problems anywhere. When it was time to leave, she started, no lightning this time, and away we went trouble free. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

JK
Never happened here.

If I were you though I would take it to the dealer and let them check it out. This will do 2 things for you,

1. It will find a problem if there is one and get it fixed, who knows it may need a flash update for the computer.

2. It will document this at the dealer if it happens again, which is important for many reasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.