Bang - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bang

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-27-2007, 05:44 AM   #1
2JK
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bang

While driving in the mountains of southern New Mexico, on a steep steady grade, I had the loudest backfire i've ever heard. Kept driving with no indications of a problem other than the lightning symbol. Anyway it was five minutes or so to get where I was going so I waited til I got there to check things out. Lifted hood, inspected everything. No problems anywhere. When it was time to leave, she started, no lightning this time, and away we went trouble free. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

JK

2JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JK
While driving in the mountains of southern New Mexico, on a steep steady grade, I had the loudest backfire i've ever heard. Kept driving with no indications of a problem other than the lightning symbol. Anyway it was five minutes or so to get where I was going so I waited til I got there to check things out. Lifted hood, inspected everything. No problems anywhere. When it was time to leave, she started, no lightning this time, and away we went trouble free. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen?

JK
Never happened here.

If I were you though I would take it to the dealer and let them check it out. This will do 2 things for you,

1. It will find a problem if there is one and get it fixed, who knows it may need a flash update for the computer.

2. It will document this at the dealer if it happens again, which is important for many reasons.

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.