Ball Joints! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ball Joints!

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #76
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry you guys are having problems but so glad I decided to go with Synergy instead. Probably best to do what Jim (JLC08JK) did and pull the Alloys out and replace with the Synergy’s.

Since this thread was bumped I might as well update my progress or lack of progress on installing my ball joints. Bottom line is I still haven’t and the Jeep is getting worse as I procrastinate.

1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #77
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
Sorry you guys are having problems but so glad I decided to go with Synergy instead. Probably best to do what Jim (JLC08JK) did and pull the Alloys out and replace with the Synergy’s.

Since this thread was bumped I might as well update my progress or lack of progress on installing my ball joints. Bottom line is I still haven’t and the Jeep is getting worse as I procrastinate.
Get on it! My steering felt tighter with the synergy balljoints and I only had 6k or so on the stock parts.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #78
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

If they dont get their act together, they will be getting pulled out for sure.
I work away from home though, so asked the missus to drive it around and see how it does. If they get to be fine, then they can stay in there. Otherwise, out they come and a refund will be requested from Alloy USA/Taiwan....
I also noticed a bad TRE after the install, which never showed itself before, so have all new TRE's coming in too (1 ton Chevy TRE's with custom draglink and tie rod).

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #79
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Another update on my ball joints:

No surprise here that I still haven’t replaced them yet but I do have great news concerning them.

I had never given it a second thought if I should see if the dealer would replace them under warranty since my Jeep is lifted with larger tires, I knew the answer would be no.

Well after someone here planted the thought in my head a while back (can’t remember who but thanks just the same) I decided to ask just for the heck of it. I also thought it would be better to talk to the service manager in person rather than the phone and that’s exactly what I did. After making my case and telling of my lift he went to talk it over with someone else and then returned and said they had no problem replacing them for me.

Needless to say I was a happy camper. He walked me over to the appointment desk and told the person there to put his name on the work order.

I finally found a lift friendly dealer. They are much further from my place three (3) others are closer but I don’t mind a bit. Yeeee Haaaaw!
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #80
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post

I finally found a lift friendly dealer. They are much further from my place three (3) others are closer but I don’t mind a bit. Yeeee Haaaaw!

That is great news. My dealership service department, Stephen Wade, in St George, UT, is great too. If they can do stuff under warranty they will (so long as they will get reimbursed by Chrysler).
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #81
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah it’s quite a relief knowing that a dealer will stand by their product/customer (bought this Jeep from them) even though the Jeep is modified to some degree. They did tell that if it was lifted too crazy (my words) then they wouldn’t cover it and that certainly sounds reasonable to me.

I was going to ask them about my rear driveshaft boot but was so excited about the ball joints that I forgot. Will ask though when I bring the Jeep in for the appointment.
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #82
Watoosh
2012 JK Wrangler 

Synergy,s website says their components are proudly made in USA. when it,s time for my new ball joint set, gladly give them the extra cash. I had actually thought, alloy USA were made here too, silly me.
Watoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #83
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hey John, great thread!!....I hope you are getting over the heart problem or at least, have it under control....darn it...you can't go getting sick on us, there aren't enough old guys on here as it is......I'm gonna shoot you a pm, old buddy............
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #84
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quick update, the rig is driving more and more like normal every day. I drove it into town today at a steady 70mph with no issues.

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324622

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #85
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Hey John, great thread!!....I hope you are getting over the heart problem or at least, have it under control....darn it...you can't go getting sick on us, there aren't enough old guys on here as it is......I'm gonna shoot you a pm, old buddy............
Thanks Joel (krutj),

I do have to say that I’m feeling just fine at the moment.

I got your PM and sent you a reply.

EDIT: I just remembered, how’s the pups doing? Last time I checked in all was good.
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #86
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftlanetruckin View Post
Quick update, the rig is driving more and more like normal every day. I drove it into town today at a steady 70mph with no issues.

Martin
That’s great news, now you don’t have to go through the trouble of replacing them.
Unread 04-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #87
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Joel (krutj),

I do have to say that I’m feeling just fine at the moment.

I got your PM and sent you a reply.

EDIT: I just remembered, how’s the pups doing? Last time I checked in all was good.
Pups are doing great, I gotta get some new pics to post....thanks for asking
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #88
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

My dealer experience: Dirty bastards.

So close to a fist fight and then having been threatened to have the police called on me.

I arrived at the dealer ahead of time of 9:00 am appointment to get my ball joints replaced. I was greeted by someone at service and then handed over to a service advisor who I’ll name #1 to make it easier to follow along. He does his usual thing and takes down the info he needs and proceeds to tell me that they don’t work on lifted Jeeps. I explain to him about how two weeks prior the service manager said no problem and that an appointment had been setup with his (service manager) name on the ticket.

A brief argument ensues over that discussion to where I ask for him to get the service manager, #2. Three times he was asked to get #2 and all I got for an answer was “#2 will tell you the same thing”. After arguing with him for several minutes he (#1) made a phone call and that part was finally settled.

Next thing I know is that he (#1) is telling me that they might not even have the parts (ball joints) to fix my Jeep Now another argument starts up. I was furious of the prospect of them not having the parts because they knew two weeks in advance that the only reason I was there in the first place was to have the ball joints replaced.

Now comes the really bad part. He went on to tell me that I need to give him my keys so he can pull my Jeep further into the service area to make room for all the other customers that were backing up behind my Jeep. I do and he then moves my Jeep forward. Back he comes and then he says that I have to leave my Jeep there for a couple of days before they can even look at it. He saw that I was getting really upset and asked me “what’s your problem” (sarcastically I might add). After several more minutes of him (#1) going back and forth and him asking me for the third time “so tell me what your problem is again” all the while chewing gum and looking down at me. I had finally had it with this jerk. I got right in his face and said “**** YOU”. That finally got his attention and he responded with “**** me?” and I said “yeah, **** YOU”.

I was then told to get my Jeep and get out and that I was done with ever coming back there again. I immediately told him that he can’t kick me out and that I’m not going anywhere.

Next thing I know is that the service manager (#2) comes out and we start having words. Then a nice looking lady (#3) appears and she tells me she is a customer relation person or something like that. We go into her office and I explain to her the sequence of events leading up to the position that I’m in up to that point. After me and her talk she asked me to wait while she goes back to hear their (#1 and #2) side of the story. She then comes back to get me and we go back into the service area to where #2 is waiting. While we, #2 and I are discussing things #2 tells me to quit being so loud to him. I tell him that I’m very upset with all this crap I’m going through and this is how I talk when like that.

One thing after another happens and then all of a sudden he decides to end the conversation by telling me to leave and never come back just like #1 did and the proceeds to walk off. I tell him I’m not leaving and he turns around and in a loud voice telling me that he’s going to call the police. I yell back even louder and said “good, call them because I’m not leaving.

As I turn and head to the doors leading into the sales lobby he turns around and said “do you want to get your Jeep fixed or not?” Now we (me #2 and #3) go to his office and he offers me a deal. He says that he will promise me my Jeep by the end of the day. I told him no, that’s not good enough and that after all that’s happened I don’t trust him. I told him that more than likely I would get a very friendly call saying that they are sooo sorry but things came up and that it won’t be ready until tomorrow. This argument went on for several minutes to where I finally stood up and said “we’re done here, but I’m not done”.

He then asked me to wait there while he went to talk to his boss or whoever. Not wanting to wait in some crappy office of his I follow him out to the service bay and wait there. He finally comes back with someone else and I’ll call him #4. After some more heated discussions #4 offers me a solution and after some negotiating I agree to #4’s proposal.

He, #4, would give me a dealer car at no charge to take home and go wherever I want with it and that my Jeep would be on a rack and checked out by a technician within two (2) hours. I would then get a call from them telling me what they found and what repairs would be needed. Being between a rock and a hard place I accepted. I was given a Chrysler 300 and off I went.

In about one (1) hour I got a call from #2 telling me that the tech guy had check the ball joints out and that they were all fine. He then passed the phone to the tech and he explained to me what he found which was nothing. He said he checked the track bar and it was tight. He also said that he drove the Jeep around and couldn’t replicate the death wobble.

So, all that crap I had to go through and nothing was fixed. The total time I was at the dealer arguing was about two and a half hours. Even though this is a long story there is so much more that was said and done that I left out.

Free pancakes to all those that read through this story.

Unread 04-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #89
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

This really sucks John
You owe me a batch of pancakes.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #90
Speedymcracer01

Quote:

My dealer experience: Dirty bastards.

So close to a fist fight and then having been threatened to have the police called on me.

I arrived at the dealer ahead of time of 9:00 am appointment to get my ball joints replaced. I was greeted by someone at service and then handed over to a service advisor who I’ll name #1 to make it easier to follow along. He does his usual thing and takes down the info he needs and proceeds to tell me that they don’t work on lifted Jeeps. I explain to him about how two weeks prior the service manager said no problem and that an appointment had been setup with his (service manager) name on the ticket.

A brief argument ensues over that discussion to where I ask for him to get the service manager, #2. Three times he was asked to get #2 and all I got for an answer was “#2 will tell you the same thing”. After arguing with him for several minutes he (#1) made a phone call and that part was finally settled.

Next thing I know is that he (#1) is telling me that they might not even have the parts (ball joints) to fix my Jeep Now another argument starts up. I was furious of the prospect of them not having the parts because they knew two weeks in advance that the only reason I was there in the first place was to have the ball joints replaced.

Now comes the really bad part. He went on to tell me that I need to give him my keys so he can pull my Jeep further into the service area to make room for all the other customers that were backing up behind my Jeep. I do and he then moves my Jeep forward. Back he comes and then he says that I have to leave my Jeep there for a couple of days before they can even look at it. He saw that I was getting really upset and asked me “what’s your problem” (sarcastically I might add). After several more minutes of him (#1) going back and forth and him asking me for the third time “so tell me what your problem is again” all the while chewing gum and looking down at me. I had finally had it with this jerk. I got right in his face and said “**** YOU”. That finally got his attention and he responded with “**** me?” and I said “yeah, **** YOU”.

I was then told to get my Jeep and get out and that I was done with ever coming back there again. I immediately told him that he can’t kick me out and that I’m not going anywhere.

Next thing I know is that the service manager (#2) comes out and we start having words. Then a nice looking lady (#3) appears and she tells me she is a customer relation person or something like that. We go into her office and I explain to her the sequence of events leading up to the position that I’m in up to that point. After me and her talk she asked me to wait while she goes back to hear their (#1 and #2) side of the story. She then comes back to get me and we go back into the service area to where #2 is waiting. While we, #2 and I are discussing things #2 tells me to quit being so loud to him. I tell him that I’m very upset with all this crap I’m going through and this is how I talk when like that.

One thing after another happens and then all of a sudden he decides to end the conversation by telling me to leave and never come back just like #1 did and the proceeds to walk off. I tell him I’m not leaving and he turns around and in a loud voice telling me that he’s going to call the police. I yell back even louder and said “good, call them because I’m not leaving.

As I turn and head to the doors leading into the sales lobby he turns around and said “do you want to get your Jeep fixed or not?” Now we (me #2 and #3) go to his office and he offers me a deal. He says that he will promise me my Jeep by the end of the day. I told him no, that’s not good enough and that after all that’s happened I don’t trust him. I told him that more than likely I would get a very friendly call saying that they are sooo sorry but things came up and that it won’t be ready until tomorrow. This argument went on for several minutes to where I finally stood up and said “we’re done here, but I’m not done”.

He then asked me to wait there while he went to talk to his boss or whoever. Not wanting to wait in some crappy office of his I follow him out to the service bay and wait there. He finally comes back with someone else and I’ll call him #4. After some more heated discussions #4 offers me a solution and after some negotiating I agree to #4’s proposal.

He, #4, would give me a dealer car at no charge to take home and go wherever I want with it and that my Jeep would be on a rack and checked out by a technician within two (2) hours. I would then get a call from them telling me what they found and what repairs would be needed. Being between a rock and a hard place I accepted. I was given a Chrysler 300 and off I went.

In about one (1) hour I got a call from #2 telling me that the tech guy had check the ball joints out and that they were all fine. He then passed the phone to the tech and he explained to me what he found which was nothing. He said he checked the track bar and it was tight. He also said that he drove the Jeep around and couldn’t replicate the death wobble.

So, all that crap I had to go through and nothing was fixed. The total time I was at the dealer arguing was about two and a half hours. Even though this is a long story there is so much more that was said and done that I left out.

Free pancakes to all those that read through this story.

Thats exactly why my vehicles never go to a shop one i do NOT trust anybody with my vehicles i would have went to jail for sure i would have beat his *** before #3 had a chance to get thier if it does go to the shop i pull it in onto the lift get out and watch and wait for it to be fixed thats only for tires and alignment anything else i do, im about to attempt to tighten the bands in my transmission in the next few days i just need a torque wrench to get it done with now
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.