Back seat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Back seat

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
dwink
2012 JK Wrangler 

Back seat

Any of you two door guys remove your back seat??

I rarely need it for passengers and end up with it folded most of the time.

Curious minds want to know.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon- OME 2.5 HD lift, adjustable lower control arms, Adjustable sway bar links, AEV rear bumper/carrier, Rugged Ridge XHD front, Hella Rallylight upgrade, MORE skids, 315/70 DuraTracs on stock wheels for the winter, working on my summer setup.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dwink/wrangler-2][IMG]http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/102069.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired.... but a good friend still has her! 1990 YJ 3" Trailmaster 258 Jasper re-manufactured engine. Nuttered. Webbered (38). Team Rushed. Headers. Cancel that Webbered- went to a Howell FI setup.
dwink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Critchy
2012 JK Wrangler 

I haven't.....yet. From what I've read it's just a matter of unbolting it from the floor
Critchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
startat2

I run mine removed for my dog. Takes about 1 minutes no unbolting. Open the hatch, grab the rear bar that moves and pull it to the solid bar. When you do this you can see the front part of the seat in latching from the floor. Give it a tug up and out. May take a few tugs but she will come out. Store away and call it a day

ETA: these bars are on the back of the seat near the floor
startat2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic

2008 JK Wrangler 

Took my back seat out the day I bought the jeep. Haven't had it back in since.
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
NivlemRulz
2007 JK Wrangler 

My back seat came out about 1 month after I bought it. I originally did it to fit my skis. It went back in once or twice, but it hasn't been back in in probably 9 months now. I will toss it in if I know I need the extra seating, but it works much better as a two seater with a big trunk
NivlemRulz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
jellob
2010 JK Wrangler 

Mine hasn't been in for over a year now.
jellob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
woof359
2012 JK Wrangler 

an easy thing to do, side front seats forward, open the tail gate and lift up on the seat release on the back seat, let the back of the seat fold flat, lift the back seat up from the rear and when you se the bar under the rear seat push down on it, the seat well release from the floor, just pick it up and take the whole thing out.
woof359 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
jaxs1984
2009 JK Wrangler 

After my first trip exploring about a year ago , the back seat was removed and stored in the garage ever since. If I have to play taxi they just jump in the back and sit on the floor
jaxs1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

Have had the seat pulled out of mine since day one as well. No tools needed. Have had it back in 2 times, probably won't put it back in the Jeep any more though... its getting to be to high for me to lift the seat, lol.

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxs1984 View Post
After my first trip exploring about a year ago , the back seat was removed and stored in the garage ever since. If I have to play taxi they just jump in the back and sit on the floor
Haha..had to do that once when I picked up a large fish tank and underestimated the largeness of it!!! Had to fold the back seats down and had kids with me. I told them to hold their seatbelts and look like they were sitting normal....
I took side streets and drove slow...
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
dwink
2012 JK Wrangler 

Removed. It took me 1 minute total. Thanks all!!
2012 Wrangler Rubicon- OME 2.5 HD lift, adjustable lower control arms, Adjustable sway bar links, AEV rear bumper/carrier, Rugged Ridge XHD front, Hella Rallylight upgrade, MORE skids, 315/70 DuraTracs on stock wheels for the winter, working on my summer setup.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dwink/wrangler-2][IMG]http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/102069.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired.... but a good friend still has her! 1990 YJ 3" Trailmaster 258 Jasper re-manufactured engine. Nuttered. Webbered (38). Team Rushed. Headers. Cancel that Webbered- went to a Howell FI setup.
dwink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
GunDude
2011 JK Wrangler 

Took mine out a month after I bought it. I put a Tuffy Security deck in then changed to a DeeZee tool box to make room for my dog. Now, I just need to get it linex!
005.jpg  
GunDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #13
thedude386
2011 JK Wrangler 

I removed mine a few weeks ago. It is easy to do and leaves tons of open space. I dont really drive any passengers with me with the exception of my girlfriend so there is no need for us to have a back seat. When you do take the seat out, it wants to unfold as you are moving it, so I would bungie it so it stays folded while you are moving it.
thedude386 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #14
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for this thread. I'm thinking about taking the back seat out of my JK as well. Looks to be easy enough. Thanks for the tip about it wanting to open!
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #15
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Mine goes in the Jeep for about two months in the winter. I occasionally have to pick up employess and ferry them to work when we have heavy snows.

Other than that it sits in the garage. The 2dr makes a roomy two person vehicle and a joke of a 4 person vehicle.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.