Axle shaft replacement problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Axle shaft replacement problem

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Axle shaft replacement problem

Axle shafts replacement was going smooth. Till I broke the abs wire in the hub. It's ok I'll buy a new one. But my axle shaft is stuck on the hub assembly. How can I get this off? Or should I just replace it. Also two rubber rings came out on the shaft. Do these go back in when I replace the shaft?

Here are some pics.

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

The rubber rings are support rings to hold the far end of the axle close enough to center to find the carrier. Without them you will have to lift the far end off the bottom of the axle tube by forcing the close end (in your hand) downward. Doable. But running the support will make it easier.

You should be able to press that axle out of your bearing unit - support the hub flange on the press plate and apply pressure to the axle end. dont hammer it or it will swell and lock even tighter.
Unread 08-29-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

I went ahead and ordered 2 new wheel hub assemblies. I needed new abs wires anyways and they were 16 bucks a piece and the hubs seem to be attached to the shafts with iron man strength. Only problem is one will be in tomorrow but the other they had to order from their vendor so it won't be here till Tuesday.

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.