Axle Gussets, worth it or not? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Axle Gussets, worth it or not?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 07-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #16
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the gussets welded on the C's. A little too late though as mine are already bent but not enough to replace the whole housing. One of mine is much worse than the other but I think they are cheap insurance even if they only make it 10% stronger. Dave at Taboo Customs does these for less than $50 a pair and if your local he'll even weld them on. The EVO gusset is much larger and sits right up against the coils. Taboo's are 3 1/4" plate pieces welded around the C. Home -

Unread 07-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #17
Armycop
2008 JK Wrangler 

I am getting some of these C-Gussets next month. With 35" tires, it will definitely help strengthen a weak point. If you wheel with big tires, it's a good thing to have.
Unread 07-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #18
takeda54
2008 JK Wrangler 

kind of off the original topic but besides the 4.10 gear, is there any difference between the Rubi rear 44 axle and the ones on the X's and Saharas?
takeda54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #19
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

The guy from the project JK pic was running 40's. That's what his profile says anyway. Here's an idea, don't run 40's on stock axles.

Edit: His profile also says that he is running Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Front w/Competition Shafts & CTM U-Joints. So he may not have had 40's on there when the break occurred, but, I think that that break is something that wouldn't happen on an axle running 35's.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #20
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeda54 View Post
kind of off the original topic but besides the 4.10 gear, is there any difference between the Rubi rear 44 axle and the ones on the X's and Saharas?
Tru-Lock locker.
allibaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #21
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Also 32 spline vs. 30 spline axles. That's why you see lockers spec'ed for JK Dana 44 except Rubicon and then another listing for the Rubicon.

Bob K.
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle , axle gussets , axle sleeves , JK Wrangler , reinforcement , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.