avg bumper/winch weight? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > avg bumper/winch weight?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

avg bumper/winch weight?

So I am trying to plan ahead on some front spacers to fix the rake when I add a bumper and winch in the future. I plan on getting a custom bumer made in the next week or two and then a winch in about a year.

Soo....anyone know what the average bumper and winch weigh? Maybe 100lbs for the bumper and about 80lbs for the winch?

Not sure if I should get a 1/2, 3/4 or 1" spacers...

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rballman View Post
So I am trying to plan ahead on some front spacers to fix the rake when I add a bumper and winch in the future. I plan on getting a custom bumer made in the next week or two and then a winch in about a year.

Soo....anyone know what the average bumper and winch weigh? Maybe 100lbs for the bumper and about 80lbs for the winch?

Not sure if I should get a 1/2, 3/4 or 1" spacers...
I think you're weight estimates are close. I lost 3/4" with 175 lbs and used a SkyJacker 3/4" spacer to get it back to where it was.
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yup- my Shrockworks weighs in at 95lbs. My XRC Winch was about 80lbs- then I lost about 20-25lbs by removing the roller fairlead and replacing the steel line with synth line.

I lost 1/4" with the bumper alone, another 1/4" with the winch. I added 3/4" spacers to compensate.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.