Average Wait Time? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Average Wait Time?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
wishin4ajeepgal
2012 JK Wrangler 

Average Wait Time?

My husband and I ordered our first Jeep on 4/6/2012!!

What is the average wait time for Jeeps to be delivered to the dealership so we can pick it up??

wishin4ajeepgal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Dante221
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well...

I placed my order 3/5/12 and my dealer expects delivery
tomorrow- about a month for a 2dr Rubicon
I hope your wait is a short one!!
Good Luck
Dante
Dante221 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
wishin4ajeepgal
2012 JK Wrangler 

Were you able to get the updates to see where the Jeep was in it's production?
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
TxJeepers
2014 JK Wrangler 

Some get them sooner than others. This week is number 8 for me (JKRU ordered in February) with an expectation of only a couple more weeks (I hope). I heard about them taking longer and shorter amounts of time. The wait is killer, but you get exactly what you want, so its worth it.

Call as often as you like to check the status. I call weekly. Have your VON or last eight of your VIN ready.
Jeep: 1-877-426-5337
TxJeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
lazerpunk

It took 37 days for our Unlimited Rubicon. There was no delivery delay as the dealer is less than 20min from the assembly plant. I think a lot of the wait depends on your dealers allocation allotment.

2012 Unlimited Rubicon, Crush, Auto, Dual Top, 430N w/nav, Max Tow
lazerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
rob_engineer
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered my JKU sport in mid January. It took 4 weeks from order to delivery. The salesman told me that was one of the fastest deliveries he has seen.
rob_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Blues 2
2012 JK Wrangler 

I waited
40 minutes for my 08 JK unlimited Rubicon, and it had everything I requested color, options & nothing more, sitting on the lot. I took delivery with less than a few miles on the odometer. It was built for private party, but fate brought it to me.

My boss said go ahead, & in less than 48 hours, I had a 12 JK unlimited Rubicon, again as requested.
That one was built for a dealer 1.5 hours from purchase, I took delivery with 79 miles on it.

I don't know how one waits months when some are out there, just as you want?
My dealer completes a build sheet and searches neighboring states and calls me, I sign some paperwork and take delivery. Done it twice now and the second time I couldn't even sleep the night before.

I salute your patience!
Blues 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
rob_engineer
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Regarding finding one already to your specs: try finding a manual trans. Maybe limits you to about 3% of all jeeps in the local dealers. Then try to find one with the 3.73 rear instead of 3.21 which is nearly impossible.
Unread 04-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
rob_engineer
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Another cool thing about ordering was that my jeep only had 7 miles on it. It was never test driven by a window shopper. And I have the window sticker that says "this vehicle was built specially for Robert xxxxxxx".
Unread 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Dante221
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes on the VOTS site but

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin4ajeepgal View Post
Were you able to get the updates to see
where the Jeep was in it's production?
the site was always a bit behind reality
Still not bad at all!!!

Dante
Dante221 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
TxJeepers
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_engineer View Post
Regarding finding one already to your specs: try finding a manual trans. Maybe limits you to about 3% of all jeeps in the local dealers. Then try to find one with the 3.73 rear instead of 3.21 which is nearly impossible.
Wait, it gets better.

Make that an Unlimited Rubicon with a manual.
Then make it Flame Red exterior.
Then make it Dark Saddle interior.
Shall we get in to options now?

Find what I want on a dealer lot. LOL

TxJeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

I feel that Jeeps are like dogs. You don't pick them, you walk around and one picks you.
The upside to this is that you never have to wait....

We found exactly what we wanted at the dealer down the road and still got a killer deal on it because we pretended that we didn't really like it.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #13
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Took my dad 3 1/2 weeks to get his from the factory. Very basic sport unlimited 4dr 6sp hard top
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
Blues 2
2012 JK Wrangler 

Like I said, I salute your patience! I'm glad my dealer sells enough Jeeps to locate what I want to keep my business. I found two Jeeps, rubicons with my options, one black & one triple white. I didn't know manuals were so rare. I'm so lucky I drive autos. This time I wanted something other than the 4.10 so I went with white.
I too have specific options, and save my window sticker, the brochures to that model year, and all maintenance receipts for the lucky 2nd owner.
Blues 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
wishin4ajeepgal
2012 JK Wrangler 

I don't want to end up with a vehicle that I am making payments on, NOT be what I want. I've researched my rear off and if I still can't find the vehicle that will make me happy as much as possible then I'll order it!
A new 2012 Jeep Rubicon is going to be cheaper than the F-250 that we just traded in. This new vehicle will save us over $200.00 a month! So I'm excited and will be patient!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.