Avenger Supercharger Half Top Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Avenger Supercharger Half Top Install

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 08-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Avenger Supercharger Half Top Install

Ok. A lot to do for the install. You have to strip the back out first. Think about relocating everything thats in the way such as sound bar speakers, subwoofer which as we know is in the back,so you have to dissassemble wire harnesses etc. Prep and paint the top. Pre fab a lot of spots to make cockpit watertite. I probably will fab a rear floor, as well as cutting sound bar to retain my dome light. Im actually into day two with this so here we go! Day 1 strip the back of carpet, seatbelt assemblies. roll bar padding and foam that they use to make it look beefier, soundbar asembly, sub etc. A few pics.

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Day two the top and bulkhead arrive. But no windows!!! Called and they are being shipped hopefully asap!. Ok lets cut! Jack from avenger gave me some tips on the install as there are no instructions. I chose to cut at an area as to retain the stock mounting point for the sirius antenna. the fender well was cut close to base of roll bar weld area in case someone wants to turn it back to normal. After cutting a little dry fitting.
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

As you can see I started messing with the paint a bit. I didnt like the way i sprayed it, a little dry, so I may try to match the grainy look of the freedom panels before i second coat it! I also started seperating the sub wires from the harness that runns to the rear and bring them back into the cab area. The sound bar was cut along with some of the rollbar padding to accomodate the dome light and give it a finished look. heres a couple pics but I have to take more in the morning so you can get the jist of what I'm trying to accomplish. Couple more pics,
Unread 08-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

Stupid question but is the bottom part where it meets the floor waterproofed or could it be with some type of weatherstripping? Also how big is the bed area? That looks really really good
Unread 08-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #5
SlvrJK08
2008 JK Wrangler 

Very cool, keep up the good work.
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

You, sir, are my hero!
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #7
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmandryck View Post
Stupid question but is the bottom part where it meets the floor waterproofed or could it be with some type of weatherstripping? Also how big is the bed area? That looks really really good
I nevermeasured the bed yet. But I will and post it. I have to purchase some diamond plate for the floor. It isnt watertight yet, but it will be! And Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrJK08 View Post
Very cool, keep up the good work.
Thanks SlvrJK08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
You, sir, are my hero!
Vin, Thanks!
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
TroutSafari
2010 JK Wrangler 

very well done. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
TroutSafari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like a really cool project...I look forward to seeing it all done!

[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

If I were go gues, you have the biggest pair on this forum! Wow.
mattlago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #11
CGT2358
2008 JK Wrangler 

The build looks great so far... What are you going to do with the tailgate? I'm assuming its not really designed for an exterior application so are you going to seal up the air flow vents or add drainage? Side note, I noticed you painted your fairlead. What did you do for prep? Sand, Prime, and Paint?
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #12
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlago View Post
If I were go gues, you have the biggest pair on this forum! Wow.
Ha Thanks. And its my dailey driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGT2358 View Post
The build looks great so far... What are you going to do with the tailgate? I'm assuming its not really designed for an exterior application so are you going to seal up the air flow vents or add drainage? Side note, I noticed you painted your fairlead. What did you do for prep? Sand, Prime, and Paint?
I thought about the tailgate and figured on removing the vends and sealing them off. Theres a lot back there that needs attention such as floor areas etc. Some places i'll just pull plugs, others not sure yet. I'll try to post them as I tackle them! The bulkhead and top came primered. I sanded and used a spray like Buldog to make it a bit more sticky!
Unread 08-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #13
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutSafari View Post
very well done. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjk View Post
Sounds like a really cool project...I look forward to seeing it all done!

Thanks guys!! Looking for a textured paint today.Will start hiding some of the wiring also in the bed. Oh and sand it down again!!!!!!
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
USAFRecon

Very nice!
USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #15
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFRecon View Post
Very nice!
Thanks Jason!
Today I finished some of the interior pieces to the puzzle such as getting the sub woofer wires back to the roll bar a well as the hard top wiring. It cleaned up the wires under the lip quite a bit! Started getting the carpet in place and see how mutch more to trim. Also installed the light in the piece of soundbar I cut. I did this because I hated the look of the mopar j8 interior freedom top screws just sitting against the bare bar. Looked out of place! Now I have to make some speaker encosures. Going to place them against the bulkhead after carpet. The sub will go behind console and maybe replace the rear cup holders. [

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.