I have a 2010 Sahara Unlimited that's on pavement 99.9% of the time and forest service roads for camping the other 0.1%. I don't do any towing either. I've read numerous posts about the benefits of adding an auxiliary transmission cooler for off-roading and towing, but I haven't been able to figure out if this is worth adding to a Jeep that gets babied like mine...
If so, I'd probably go with the Mopar unit. I live in the Minneapolis area and the dealerships are quoting $295 for the part (I'll try and buy it online for less if I can) and $250 to install so I don't really want to spend this kind of money if it's not going to be a significant help. I checked with a local repair shop and they quoted the same price as well. Not sure I can install it myself as my skills are limited to oil, differential, and transfer case fluid changes and tire rotations.
Get the cooler , even daily driving through elevation changes and stop and go city driving can cook the trans. fluid. It's too bad you couldn't do it yourself it really isn't that complicated, especially if your getting the Mopar kit.
If people are questioning the fluid that high anyways without the second cooler, i figured $250 was cheaper than tranny rebuild to keep it cooler.
...it isn't so much as a rebuild as it is replacing the whole Jeep after it catches on fire from the tranny fluid dripping on to the exhaust. X2 for getting a cooler. On the 2010, we installed the B&M.
I HIGHLY recommend an aux. cooler on all automatic JKs pre 2012 model year. The Mopar kit wasn't available when I did mine. I put a Hayden brand cooler on mine, pretty much the same as the B&M kit. Pretty simple install, but you have to fab up some mounting brackets. I made mine out of some galvanized strap. I recently installed the Mopar kit on a friends '10 JKUR and highly recommend it. You can get it from any number of Mopar online selelrs for around $250. If you have some tools and patience you can install it yourself quite easily. One way or the other, get one on there.