auxiliary lighting/switch panel question... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

x3 on the sPod

Attached Thumbnails
sPod2.jpg   sPod.jpg  

'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

I just installed the sPod and it is sweet. Although I am currently using only 4 circuits - the ease of tapping later is the best part. Everytime you add a circuit - if you do it one at a time is another pull through the firewall. With the spod one oull (I even pulled my viar hoses - pressure, intake and guage - through all at one time). Done closed won't have to pull the grommet ever again. All future taps are done at the supply under the hood. And clean looking - all the switches match! And the spod is it's own isolated buss - no tie in to the factory electrics other than connecting to the battery.

J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
The wagon should, of course, be as light as possible, but strength should not be sacrificed to lightness, for on any but the regularly traveled roads, the wagon will get many a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 20 Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Rdlynch2
2008 JK Wrangler 

Would like that as well. But cant afford an spod right now. Just got new tires/rims, RK lift, rocker guards....tapped out. Only minor mods are in the picture. You guys know for sure if the hela black magics come with a switch?

08 JK/6 speed/2 Door/soft top--35x12.5x17 GY MTR's--ATX slot's--R.K. Stock Mod--Smittybilt rocker guards--PSC evap skid--PSC tramp stamp--Hella 500 black magic's--RK drag link. Pure Jeep axle knuckle/gusset kit.
post #19 of 20 Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 AM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlynch2 View Post
...You guys know for sure if the hela black magics come with a switch?
From Hella’s web site.

Hella 500 Series Black Magic Driving Lamp Kit

Kit includes:
• (2) Halogen Driving Beam Lamps
• (2) Black Stone Shields
• (2) H3 12V/55W Bulbs
• (1) Complete Plug and Play Wiring Harness
• (1) Illuminated Switch
• (1) Relay
• Step-by-Step Mounting Instructions
post #20 of 20 Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM
mfikes
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyjeep View Post
Here's where i put mine!
I've been trying to figure out for the past two days how to do what you have done there. It's a perfect spot. Did you fab that or find it? More info please.

OP: Sorry about the hijack.
Attached Thumbnails
image-1733989676.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.