Aux light wiring help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Aux light wiring help

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 10-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
gumbellion
2007 JK Wrangler 

Aux light wiring help

anyone have photos of how they ran the wiring from a light bar back for thier Aux lighting. Just got my front bumper light bar and my KC lights. Wondering where you went around the grill, how you ran them under the hood, and where you mounted the switch and where you went through the firewall or around it
Going to be doing this on the weekend so would like to have a idea
Thanks

gumbellion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Spike6901

No pics but I ran them under the hood and followed some factory hoses/wires underneath and then came up throught the floor through a drain gromit.
2014: Wrangler#1 Father and oldest Son build and teach project
2016: Wrangler#2 Father and youngest Son build and teach project
Spike6901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

I went under the grill towards the passenger side, then ran back towards the battery. I did this because my relays mount on the firewall near the battery and it's easy to make the connection there. From there, I ran along the firewall to the drivers side and went through the firewall at the grommet beside the master cylinder.
That will get you here....

Here's my harness, laid in loose, but this is the side I went, then I zip tied the aux. harness to the OEM harness.

My harness is made for my custom built aux. lights, that's why there are two leads(high/low beam) so it's much bigger than one that comes with KC's.
Unread 10-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
gumbellion
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thats what I am hoping to do, up the passenger then the switch near my right hand, or near the manual shifter. The harness says to run to the battery, then the relay sits near the battery by the looks of it. Is your dash pulled out or is that just removing the side pannel?
Unread 10-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbellion
Thats what I am hoping to do, up the passenger then the switch near my right hand, or near the manual shifter. The harness says to run to the battery, then the relay sits near the battery by the looks of it. Is your dash pulled out or is that just removing the side pannel?
What year of Jeep do you have. 2007-10 has a place to push wires through the end of the firewall by the side panel.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
PhatBasturd
Got chiggers?

1976 CJ7 

Couple of threads for you to read:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/e...ource-1253810/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/a...ewall-1416640/

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbellion View Post
Just the side panel, I pushed enough wire through the grommet that I didn't have to contort too much to reach them under the dash. The lower panel under the steering wheel comes off easy too, makes it easy to find the wires.
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
Topbanana
2011 JK Wrangler 

Maybe way over kill for what your trying to do but check out this product Spod at 4x4spod.com. They even have an installation
video.
Topbanana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
gumbellion
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sorry I better update my profile. 2007 now, sold the 1990 a few years ago.
How did you run the wire around your grill or under it? Or I guess where abouts and did you have to cut anything to make sure it fit nice?
Thanks guys
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Nothing fancy, just remove the grill and run the wires, very easy. No cutting of anything, except the tails from the zip ties..lol
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Take the side panel off the dash. Look inside to the firewall and you will see a button of tan foam insulation. Push a stiff wire (wire coat hanger) through the insulation, tape your lighting wires to the stiff wire and pull it back through the insulation.
Daystar makes a nice 4 switch panel that replaces the lower dash panel behind the shifter.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.