Auto lock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Auto lock

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Unread 12-16-2006, 06:44 AM   #1
Timster32

Auto lock

When I first bought my JK the doors would lock automatically when I began to drive. This feature does not happen anymore and im not sure why or what I may have done to change it. The only thing I could think of is I held the speedo reset while turning the ignition on to see if it worked like my old TJ where it accessed the diagnostics. Any thoughts would be much apreciated.

P.S. I know a lot of people dont like the auto lock feature but I thought it was pretty cool

Timster32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
Diesel0312

Did you see this in the FAQ?
"The auto door-locks are driving me crazy. How do I make them not automagically lock the doors? - Shut the doors and turn the key from "off" to "on" (stop turning the key at the point just before the engine starts). Do this five times. On the fifth time the key should be in the "on" position, push up on the power door lock.

To set for all doors to unlock together, follow the same proceedure, except press up on the power door lock 2 times."

Might try the second one and see if that will cause the doors to start locking again. I like it because when you open the door, all doors unlock. Makes it much handier since I usually have something to go around and get out of the passenger seat or the back seat.
Mods: Windshield mounted Hella FF1000 driving lights, Rugged Ridge front grab handles, CLC rear grab handles, Teraflex 2.5" BB, Quadratec boor handle covers, Bestop spare cover, Custom front bumper, 17X9 Pro Comp 1079's, 305/17/R17 Buckshot Mudders.
In the works: Custom rear bumper.
Diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
madelko

Auto Locks re-set...........

I just had to try the auto-lock disable, then was sorry I did it.

To get it back, I did the key thing five times, then pushed down on the door lock/unlock button two times, holding it for about three seconds the second time. They now 'auto-lock' again.
madelko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
gsgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelko
I just had to try the auto-lock disable, then was sorry I did it.

To get it back, I did the key thing five times, then pushed down on the door lock/unlock button two times, holding it for about three seconds the second time. They now 'auto-lock' again.

how did you turn them off? I tried the key trick and it didn't work.

Greg
gsgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
madelko

Auto Unlock

Do the key thing five times, then press the door switch up two times. Make sure you hold the switch up for at least a second. - a slight pause between the first and second move worked for me - then I held the switch up for about two seconds the second time.

This didn't work the first time, but did when I re-tried it.

I read somewhere that you have to start by getting in the vehicle, close the door, then do the proper sequence to make this change.
madelko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #6
Timster32

Thanks for the replys. I tried the twice down thing and hold for three seconds on the second one and it worked like a champ. Thanks very much
Timster32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.