Audio Issue - '08 w/premium sound - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Audio Issue - '08 w/premium sound

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 11-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Audio Issue - '08 w/premium sound

I'll try this again, I found some more info that may be helpful, and no answers last time

My '08 Rubi (infinity sound) has had intermittent audio trouble - speakers crackle and pop, LOUDLY, but I am 99.9% sure that the speakers are not blown. This issue is much more frequent when listening via HDD or iPod (aux jack), and almost never happens when listening to the radio. The dealer supposedly corrected this issue, diagnosed as a bad speaker, under warranty when it was still my dad's lease. It now has 39K on it, and is mine.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like you have answered your own question. At least, a troubleshooting guide to proceed with. If it happens with any device hooked to the aux jack and not the radio. It's with the aux jack, or the aux jack cable.
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
Sounds like you have answered your own question. At least, a troubleshooting guide to proceed with. If it happens with any device hooked to the aux jack and not the radio. It's with the aux jack, or the aux jack cable.
It also happens with the HDD, and it does happen with the radio, but not nearly as frequently as the hard drive/auxiliary devices.
Unread 11-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Might be time to check all the phyiscal connections to the head unit. Does the unit show any symptoms of power interruption?
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
Might be time to check all the phyiscal connections to the head unit. Does the unit show any symptoms of power interruption?
I'll do that - and to answer your question, no...no flickering or loss of function, just make you jump out of your seat static interruptions, and it seems that base-heavy songs are more prone to this (which lead me to believe that the speakers were the issue originally, until I found that it was only with the HDD and the auxiliary, very infrequently with FM/AM/Sirius).
Unread 11-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
brtzworld1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Chassis ground.

Not an expert but it sounds like there may be an issue with static build-up in the unit. Check the radio case to ground and you can add a ground strap while you have it open. It won't hurt a thing.
brtzworld1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I had the same issue when using MP3 cd's in mine, and I re-encoded all my songs in a higher bitrate and it sounds good now. There is a level that is simply too "high".

I would go with that, as I basically had the same exact issue. But sadly it's not easy to re-encode your music.

Let me guess, the songs on the HDD are the same/similar (or same source) as the songs on the iPod. If that is the case, find a new download source. Just saying but using those P2P sources are not the best way to do it.. of course buying them is the only way =)
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.