Aries big step nerf bars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Aries big step nerf bars

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
nhfd01

2013 JK Wrangler 

Aries big step nerf bars

Has anyone bought the aries 4" big step nerf bars? Looking for feedback pros and cons

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

nhfd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
RalphTomaccio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfd01 View Post
Has anyone bought the aries 4" big step nerf bars? Looking for feedback pros and cons

Yes, I had a set and loved the looks and quality of them. The only reason I took them off and sold them was because I wanted to do a Jeep Jamboree and they highly advised all steps come off. So, I took them off and bought a pair of Rubicon Rails off a 2013 for a really good price. I hope to add some Ace sliders as well. But, I do recommend the Aries Big step, especially the black ones. The texture is really nice.

Here are some photos of them when they were on:

RalphTomaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
nhfd01

2013 JK Wrangler 

Awesome thanks for the response and pictures, placed my order this morning went with their alumalite version of the big step.

Unread 07-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice for a mall crawler, will bend/break on real rocks....sorry, but rock sliders for me any day over nerf bars...
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
RalphTomaccio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
Nice for a mall crawler, will bend/break on real rocks....sorry, but rock sliders for me any day over nerf bars...
Did you read the text or just look at the pictures?
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio

Did you read the text or just look at the pictures?
Doesn't matter, it's the truth. They'll get destroyed in minutes Offroad

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
RalphTomaccio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Doesn't matter, it's the truth. They'll get destroyed in minutes Offroad
Hello Judge Judy,
Yes, you are right. If someone was dumb enough to buy those for hard core off-roading, they would get mangled. No argument there. But, they weren't purchased with that in mind. When I purchased them, all I wanted were steps and had no need for anything more. Does not a person's needs pretty much dictate what is most appropriate? And the OP was very specific in what he wanted. No request was made as to how these steps compare to rock rails. I'm giving the OP credit for knowing what he is looking for and likes. You're assuming he doesn't know better. Don't play judge.
Unread 07-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #8
nhfd01

2013 JK Wrangler 

That's it exactly not everyone who has a jeep is looking to hit the rocks, the steps are just that for my kids to get in and out, trail wise some light mud and sand for now.

Unread 07-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #9
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:

Hello Judge Judy,
Yes, you are right. If someone was dumb enough to buy those for hard core off-roading, they would get mangled. No argument there. But, they weren't purchased with that in mind. When I purchased them, all I wanted were steps and had no need for anything more. Does not a person's needs pretty much dictate what is most appropriate? And the OP was very specific in what he wanted. No request was made as to how these steps compare to rock rails. I'm giving the OP credit for knowing what he is looking for and likes. You're assuming he doesn't know better. Don't play judge.
That's fine if he wants a street jeep, there are many people that do and I won't hold it against him - but there is a street jeeps section for that topic. This is technical discussion, where 99% of the topics are related to improving the wranglers already capable Offroad prowess. You're calling the kettle black.

Unread 07-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #10
RalphTomaccio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
That's fine if he wants a street jeep, there are many people that do and I won't hold it against him - but there is a street jeeps section for that topic. This is technical discussion, where 99% of the topics are related to improving the wranglers already capable Offroad prowess. You're calling the kettle black.
So all this is about the fact that the OP happened to post in what you consider the wrong forum? Maybe the post falls into that 1% of the topics not related to improving the Wrangler's capability you mentioned.

As a "Moderator", wouldn't the better thing to have done would be to simply move the post to what you consider to be the proper forum instead of ridiculing people's choices in accessories?
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #11
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I'm not ridiculing him, you just happen to have a stick up your ***, which is clearly evident when you went after rockyclymer. It's a simple fact of the matter: this is an Offroad oriented forum and someone is asking about Aries step bars. Almost every single time someone asks about a similar product it's because they're uneducated in the matter. Even if he doesn't intend to Offroad to that level that would destroy them (IE pretty much any fire road) it's cheaper and easier to do it right the first time.

So granted if he is educated in the matter, more power to him. I can't stop him from spending his money. But since I'm a gatekeeper for education, it's my responsibility to help make sure he gets the information that will help him most.

Don't get your panties in a twist

Unread 07-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #12
RalphTomaccio
2012 JK Wrangler 

And the reason why you didn't simply move the post to another more appropriate forum?
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #13
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

As I said, nice for mall crawling - "their intended purpose." I did not ridicule the OP or say not to get them, I just wanted to warn the OP that they are not the same as rock sliders and given the support system, will fail quickly in that role...let's all chill a little.

edit: As I recall back 5 years ago when I joined this forum, and JK parts were scarce back then, several posters did install available nerf bars and discovered their limitations when off roading...maybe I was thinking of that previous experience...my sig says it all...
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #14
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
And the reason why you didn't simply move the post to another more appropriate forum?
Because I didn't know if he was a street jeeper or a Offroad enthusiast with a lack of knowledge in the matter. Therefor it stays.

Unread 07-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #15
nhfd01

2013 JK Wrangler 

Remember I did ask for pros and cons, I am new to this all is good.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.