ARB snorkel? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ARB snorkel?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Klutz1001

ARB snorkel?

All I can find about this is threads suggesting try mine instead. Just wondering if anyone runs this and how they like it/ how the install was?

Klutz1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Don't run it. I've read some good things about it. The only disadvantage I can see with the ARB snorkel is that it's plastic and if you wheel in areas with tight trees, etc... you might run into issues. If I buy a snorkel it's going to be the River Raider for that reason.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Klutz1001

I have the river raider on order! Its just the agonizing wait and the price is causing me to reconsider
Unread 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz1001 View Post
I have the river raider on order! Its just the agonizing wait and the price is causing me to reconsider
I think it will be worth the wait.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:44 AM   #5
bubba2u
2009 JK Wrangler 

i have been running the aev for over a year. works great. looks great. it takes a beating. the install is much easier then the RR. just cut a hole in the hood. you don't have to relocate the battery or cut a hole in the fender. plus its like half the cost
bubba2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba2u View Post
i have been running the aev for over a year. works great. looks great. it takes a beating. the install is much easier then the RR. just cut a hole in the hood. you don't have to relocate the battery or cut a hole in the fender. plus its like half the cost
Do you have a pic of the front of the jeep? Just curious if it would clear my light bar

Looks good! Im interested in the dome dust filter. For all the desert riding I do, it would be well worth it.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
Klutz1001

i just cant get over the looks of that thing though... once again... not looking for a try this one instead yall... anyone run this??
Unread 08-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Although I am a fan of the AEV I did run across this review on the ARB for you.ARB Safari snorkel review for the Jeep TJ wrangler
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
Klutz1001

im trying to find the jk specific install... the other just go through the fender while the jk one goes through the flare as well... anyone?
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #10
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
im trying to find the jk specific install... the other just go through the fender while the jk one goes through the flare as well... anyone?
I've looked around for the same info.....no go!

All that I've found is TJ snorkels, the new Q-tec catalog has a pic, but no new info. The ARB web site was a bust too.

I'm about ready to give up and go w/AEV.....
Unread 08-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
Klutz1001

FINALLY i found something! what do yall think?
YouTube - Safari Snorkel Installation Jeep JK
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
FINALLY i found something! what do yall think?
YouTube - Safari Snorkel Installation Jeep JK
That's an snorkel install for a diesel. Did you see the CRD in the video? This is still not what you're looking for. Unless you are very lucky and have a diesel in your JK.
Unread 08-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
Klutz1001

The parts appear almost identical though... I was more concerned with how/ where the snorkel enters the body of the JK. I am planning flat flares right now and if it enters the engine compartment like the video show that is out of the question.
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

The only reason why I'm considerig the River Raider is because I encounter a lot of wooded areas, because trees have a tendancy to rip the plastic ones off.

However I do like the Volant and AEV styles because they're a little bit more inboard making them more protected than they were on the TJs.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #15
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

If I was to even consider a snorkel this would be the way that I would go!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...norkel-958737/
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
arb snorkel , ideas , JK Wrangler , picture , snorkel , suggestions , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.