Anyone want to do a JK of the month? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone want to do a JK of the month?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Closed Thread
Unread 05-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #46
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

so do you guys want to actually have judges or just have a poll? I think a poll would be much easier.

I think I will just take charge and run it. I will set up an email and everyone can email the stuff to me then I will post them.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #47
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sounds good... Just make sure to let us know and push the date out so that people have time to know they need to get ready.
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #48
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

I think we should do it on a nomination vote instead of a personal entry... Then It would work the same way... Mattman would just take the first 10 nominations and then he could let the people know that were nominated and ask for pics and info on their rig... either way would work about the same.... I kind of like the nomination for the first go round the best... Or maybe we could save it for the last of the year.

The way it would work is Mattman would post up the dates that nominations should start... You cant nominate yourself and first ten nominations are in the running for a poll vote for best of the month... I think that is definitly the easiest and most fair way to do it. And I also think it will turn out the best JK's instead of a bunch of stockers throwing in there rigs and getting in the top ten(not that there is anything wrong with being stock, I was there at once too)... I just think the Nominee way would make for a closer vote instead of 2 or three modded guys running against a few stockers and the stockers not really getting any votes ya know? Just my opinion... We could also run a under $2000 spent month for the guys that are still basically stock...
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #49
IPB
2007 JK Wrangler 

Do it via poll... it's the easiest way. Not only to set up, but to keep it fair. This way you won't have people whining about the judges not being fair.

Each month give people 5 days to enter, limit it to 3 pics and a brief description of the rig. After 10 days, drop all but the top 10, let people vote on those for 10 days, then drop it to 5 and after 5 days of voting pick the winner. Let the winner put up a bunch of pics and a complete write up while basking in his glory until the next batch starts.

If all of this has already been set up forgive me, I'm far to lazy to read through the entire thread.
02 Sportsman 400 4x4 (the wifes)
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #50
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

i vote for a vote

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #51
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
I think we should do it on a nomination vote instead of a personal entry... Then It would work the same way... Mattman would just take the first 10 nominations and then he could let the people know that were nominated and ask for pics and info on their rig... either way would work about the same.... I kind of like the nomination for the first go round the best... Or maybe we could save it for the last of the year.

The way it would work is Mattman would post up the dates that nominations should start... You cant nominate yourself and first ten nominations are in the running for a poll vote for best of the month... I think that is definitly the easiest and most fair way to do it. And I also think it will turn out the best JK's instead of a bunch of stockers throwing in there rigs and getting in the top ten(not that there is anything wrong with being stock, I was there at once too)... I just think the Nominee way would make for a closer vote instead of 2 or three modded guys running against a few stockers and the stockers not really getting any votes ya know? Just my opinion... We could also run a under $2000 spent month for the guys that are still basically stock...
I like that idea but it might become kind of a pain getting the information from the people who were nominated. I am not throwing your idea away though.

Here is a second idea. People who want to be entered submit pictures and info of their rigs to the email. Then we have a group of a few judges and they vote on the top 10 out of the people who submitted. That would weed out all the stockers and stuff. Then around the 18th or so put a poll up of the top 10 and everyone on the forum votes on the winner.

What do you think?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #52
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPB View Post
Do it via poll... it's the easiest way. Not only to set up, but to keep it fair. This way you won't have people whining about the judges not being fair.

Each month give people 5 days to enter, limit it to 3 pics and a brief description of the rig. After 10 days, drop all but the top 10, let people vote on those for 10 days, then drop it to 5 and after 5 days of voting pick the winner. Let the winner put up a bunch of pics and a complete write up while basking in his glory until the next batch starts.

If all of this has already been set up forgive me, I'm far to lazy to read through the entire thread.
this is kind of what I am thinking. Except probably not drop it to vote for the top 5. Just have the winner be the winner.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #53
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

So are we nominating or self entering? I still say nominating is the best way... It could work the same way... Just give 5 days to nominate... Top 10 Jk's with the most votes or first 10 nominated get to run.... That simple.
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #54
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
So are we nominating or self entering? I still say nominating is the best way... It could work the same way... Just give 5 days to nominate... Top 10 Jk's with the most votes or first 10 nominated get to run.... That simple.
I say self enter.

I don't want to have to have to go through having to get all the information from the people myself. I would rather just have them do it themselves. That would save a lot of headaches.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #55
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
this is kind of what I am thinking. Except probably not drop it to vote for the top 5. Just have the winner be the winner.
Yeah, I like that... With the Judges to weed out the top ten... That would probably be the best way! But I think the nominee thing could be an option for a special month or for like the last JK of the year or something...
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #56
IPB
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I think this is the easiest way for sure. I would also not do the whole email everythign in, because you open yourself up to more complaints and a lot more work!

Let people post in a sticky thread and after a certian date lock it so no one can add pics or nominations. They can only vote or comment.
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #57
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, I like that... With the Judges to weed out the top ten... That would probably be the best way! But I think the nominee thing could be an option for a special month or for like the last JK of the year or something...
yeah I like that idea.

so everyone enters up until around the 17th or so and then the judges pick the top 10 and I will put up a poll on the 18th with the top 10. Then a vote to see who wins after that.

Everyone in?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #58
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPB View Post
I think this is the easiest way for sure. I would also not do the whole email everythign in, because you open yourself up to more complaints and a lot more work!

Let people post in a sticky thread and after a certian date lock it so no one can add pics or nominations. They can only vote or comment.
I am not really worried about people complaining or the work. If someone has a complaint they can take it up with me.

I would rather not clutter up the forum with a thread for entries. I will just do that myself with the email I just set up.

jkofthemonth@hotmail.com

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #59
IPB
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I am not really worried about people complaining or the work. If someone has a complaint they can take it up with me.

I would rather not clutter up the forum with a thread for entries. I will just do that myself with the email I just set up.

jkofthemonth@hotmail.com
Hey you're the man...man

Either way it's a great idea and a way to drum up more interaction with members!
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #60
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have not read the thread, but I have looked at the first page and a few comments on this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 View Post
Sure! Sounds like a great idea. Who decides the winner? I'll throw in a $100 gift certificate for the Don't Fear the Jeeper parts site for the winner. What the heck.
Why don't you do that for the TJ one

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUJeeper View Post
I'm all for it. We should get some TJ guys to be the judges...They'll be the hardest to please.
I nominate myself and imped as judges. We like JKs. I would be hard to please though

Quote:
so do you guys want to actually have judges or just have a poll? I think a poll would be much easier.

I think I will just take charge and run it. I will set up an email and everyone can email the stuff to me then I will post them.
Why not do it like TJoTM where everyone submits and then the judges choose the top 10. Votes by the entire forum for the winner.
Quote:
I say self enter.

I don't want to have to have to go through having to get all the information from the people myself. I would rather just have them do it themselves. That would save a lot of headaches.
I already outlined a suitable system. Check the TJoTM rules: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...ations-890645/
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.