Anyone want to do a JK of the month? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone want to do a JK of the month?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Closed Thread
Unread 08-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #31
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Another vote for Britcktop's suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
my jeep sucks.. its not tall enuff and the tires arent big enuff either... someone donate me another 10G
I'll trade ya

. .
Unread 08-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #32
JeepUserName
2008 JK Wrangler 

How would we do different categories if there is only one prize?
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #33
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Prize doesnt matter... it would just be kinda cool to say that your Jeep that you put sweat, blood, time and money into actually won something.... I would be willing to take the entries and do the poll and all that Jazz but I would be entering the contest and that may seem unfair to some... If ya'll dont think its unfair then Im more than willing to do that.
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #34
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

jk of the month, is that like fruit of the month club? where you get a new one every month with seasonal mods, sounds pricey

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #35
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
jk of the month, is that like fruit of the month club? where you get a new one every month with seasonal mods, sounds pricey
Yeah... Something like that.
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #36
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

I love the idea and like several of the suggestions. I don't have the time or ability to help facilitate in anyway so feel free to ignore my suggestions but here they are:

I would use bricktops idea of price ranges and the idea of 2 door and 4 door.
Each month pic a 2 door in one price range and a 4 door in another.
Keep the initial submitted info on the low side then have a featured post in more detail on the winners.
I would also say someone is eligible for reentry after winning only if they have made significant changes to their rig.
I would set aside one day of the month for submissions and take as many as you get but only on that day and keep it the same day every month.
likewise post the winners on the same day every month.

Just some quick thoughts but I will think about it some more and see if I can muddle it up even worse than I have with these suggestions.
'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #37
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawkJK View Post
Anyone want to do a JK of the month?

I dunno, I'd rather do a Playmate of the Month but, whatever, I'm open
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #38
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I can turn it into a sticky if you guys really want to do it.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #39
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

The person who's going to be doing all the work should start a new thread Titled "JK of the Month Contest" and give directions in the first post (which should then be stickied). Then on the submission days a new thread should be started as a reminder.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #40
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUJeeper View Post
The person who's going to be doing all the work should start a new thread Titled "JK of the Month Contest" and give directions in the first post (which should then be stickied). Then on the submission days a new thread should be started as a reminder.

Someone give me the information they want in the first post and I will make a post and sticky it up top.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #41
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I think I am actually just going to steal the rules from TJ of the month and use them here. They have a nice setup.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...ations-890645/

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #42
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

RULES:

• All pictures submitted must be hosted on your own with working links or you will be disqualified. (URL's only please, [IMG] tags not required)
ALL PICTURES must be 800x600 or larger or widescreen equivalent (we will come for you when the year is winding down for a high resolution picture for the calendar) Please submit high quality pictures, your chance at winning could possibly be lessened by a poor quality picture.
• You are allowed to submit a maximum of 3 pictures for entries, if submitted more than 3 we will pick 3 at random.
ANY pictures posted in the submission or build thread will not qualify for entry, all entries must be sent to the provided Email address
• There are NO classes, if you did not win because you got beat out by someone on 1 tons and 42" tires. I'm sorry, but they wont be able to enter next month so try again.
• Winners cannot enter again till the following year
• Those who did not win can resubmit as many times as they want in the following months
(OPTIONAL) along with your 3 pictures you can send in a list of specifications and a story on how it came to be, so if you got something sweet let us know what it is!
• At the end of the year all jeeps that won the previous months will be automatically entered for JK of The Year. those 12 entries will be voted on for 10 days concluding on new years eve with the new winner. (decembers contest will be shortened slightly to allow JKoTY) Those final 12 will be put in a Calander for all members to purchase. the top 3 JK of The Year winners will be awarded [insert prize]
• Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. those caught bad mouthing others in the contest will be disqualified
• Posting additional pictures on public forums other than JF will not be tolerated. you are allotted 3 pictures for the contest - keep it that way.
• Company owned or sponsored rigs will not be allowed to submit. it is unfair to everyone else who operates on a budget.
• You may not under any circumstances ask for votes on other forums
• new entrants are given emphasis when being chosen for top 10
• Judges who wish to run in the contest will not be allowed to vote or access the submission website.
• this is not a popularity contest, this is to see who feels who's jeep is the best
• it is your responsibility to help make sure the contest is known about

Please submit your entries in THIS FORMAT, and put your JF user name as the email subject:

Name:
Username:
Mods (optional):
Story (optional):
Pictures:

With that, please send all your entries to [insert email address]

Please do not send your entry twice, if you are having a problem and dont know if your email went through, send a message to any of the following permanent judges and they will check the email account to see if its there. The voting thread will be locked on the 18th, a new thread with the top 10 jeeps submitted will be posted to vote on the 20th. Member voting will be concluded on the 30th at 12PM Eastern Standard Time and the winner of of the month posted.

If you did not correctly fill out your entry or forgot to link your pictures, please resubmit your entry with a 100% identical subject line as the first email you sent. Gmail organizes emails off the same subject line to make it easier on us.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #43
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

or if you want to come up with a better rule system figure it out and post it here and PM it to me.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #44
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

AND pm me if you want to take part in being a judge.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #45
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

I would judge but I think Im going to compete so I cant be a Judge unless I win.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.