Anyone want to do a JK of the month? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone want to do a JK of the month?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Closed Thread
Unread 08-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #16
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

So would a poll be better?

Unread 08-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #17
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias2k8 View Post
So I think its best to pick 10 judges because it avoids people from creating accounts and voting over and over. Not saying people would do that but you have to think of everything.
I think that creating multiple accounts is way too stupid. Are the members here really that immature? I think not. I still say a poll is the best way to go. If someone is so desperate to win, they'll just go recruit members from other areas of JF... And if so, so what? So they win for that month, but that's it for another 12 months.

Quote:
We really don't have to set it up on a differnt site. Couldn't we just use JF?
No, I wasn't suggesting using a different site. I was just saying that I would put every winner permanently on my website just for the hell of it. I plan on doing this regardless.

Just post a thread and have people include the following information.

Quote:
Username
3-5 Pictures
Story of your build
User name, 3 pictures max. don't need a story- just the basic details of modifications done. Short and simple.

Quote:
We should take entries for 1 week.

If you would rather not post entries on JF we can just send it to someone's email then they can cc the rest of the judges.

That's all I can think of now.
I think that gets weird... If everybody is posting their stuff in a thread, you might end up with a thread that is multiple pages long. Then the people on the further pages might not get noticed.

IMHO, I think it should word like this:

I think it needs to be one person collecting submissions via email. 10 submissions tops! We don't need 20, 30, etc JK's to weed thru each month. Just 10 submissions- the first 10 to send the submissions in gets included for that month. The "official" person will set a date/time to begin submissions and shut it down after 10. That person then creates the thread/poll. Voting is done by members, and winner is announced after 1 week of voting

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #18
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

I was just throwing out ideas. N2Rock's idea sounds good. I don't have the time unfortunately to collect all the entries. Damn military keeps me busy. So we just need someone to step up to the plate and be the collect/official threat starter.
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #19
JeepUserName
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't know if the first 10 entries would work. It shouldn't be based on who can respond the fastest.
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #20
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Good Point. Just set a time limit.
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #21
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepUserName View Post
I don't know if the first 10 entries would work. It shouldn't be based on who can respond the fastest.
yeah, but I can't think of any other method. Can you?

I mean, we could have dozens (or even more) entries if you don't limit it in some way.

Anyone have any ideas?

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #22
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

hmmm maybe we can change it to 5 days instead of 10?
Unread 08-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #23
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I can put up a automated system and program it myself in ASP.NET ..
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #24
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMack View Post
I can put up a automated system and program it myself in ASP.NET ..
well... we have a volunteer!! I say let the volunteer make the rules!

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #25
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

How about do each month in a range of $ spent on mods. Maybe an under $5k range, a $5k to 10k range, a 10k to 15k range, a 15k to 20k range, a 20k to 30k range, and a 30k plus range. That way a fella who did a really great job with $3500 isn't competing with a guy who dropped $40k into mods. Start with any range, and change it up monthly. If we do a 2 contests for each range, that would be a year's worth. It would also serve to keep the volume of submissions reasonable.

Just an idear.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

And a really good idea too. Definitely helps to keep things on an even playing field.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #27
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

just take 3 jks a month.. match them up to each other.. 2drs with 2dr and 4drs with 4drs.. get them matched up close to the same lift and tires.. and do a vote on a poll.

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
Unread 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #28
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well, my Jeep is the best because it's mine, so there's no point even trying.. haha
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Unread 08-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #29
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

my jeep sucks.. its not tall enuff and the tires arent big enuff either... someone donate me another 10G

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
Unread 08-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #30
BAND-AID
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUJeeper View Post
I'm all for it. We should get some TJ guys to be the judges...They'll be the hardest to please.
quoted for the truth...
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.