Anyone want to do a JK of the month? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone want to do a JK of the month?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Closed Thread
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Anyone want to do a JK of the month?

I searched and I couldn't find one. The TJ, YJ, XJ, have them...why not us? Afterall, we definitely look the best and perform the best. If anyone wants to help set this up I will help as well.

BlackhawkJK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias2k8 View Post
I searched and I couldn't find one. The TJ, YJ, XJ, have them...why not us? Afterall, we definitely look the best and perform the best. If anyone wants to help set this up I will help as well.
Sure! Sounds like a great idea. Who decides the winner? I'll throw in a $100 gift certificate for the Don't Fear the Jeeper parts site for the winner. What the heck.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 View Post
Sure! Sounds like a great idea. Who decides the winner? I'll throw in a $100 gift certificate for the Don't Fear the Jeeper parts site for the winner. What the heck.
That sounds like a pretty sweet deal!

I think the other model's contests are done monthly. How do they select candidates and a winner?
DeepSky is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
That1guy
2007 WK 

I think it's kind of silly.
Unread 08-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

sure... why not

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
JkRyder
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
That sounds like a pretty sweet deal!

I think the other model's contests are done monthly. How do they select candidates and a winner?
votes.
JkRyder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

They have 10 judges. They then have then have them email their name and 3 pictures. I think we should just have them post on JF so everyone can see.
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm all for it. We should get some TJ guys to be the judges...They'll be the hardest to please.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
JeepUserName
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUJeeper View Post
I'm all for it. We should get some TJ guys to be the judges...They'll be the hardest to please.
I don't think that would work. They'd say the contest was forfeited since all the entrants vehicles were underpowered, plastic laden, hummer wannabes.
JeepUserName is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

OK... so what we need here is one person to be responsible for collecting the entries and making the post/poll. If done as a poll, then all the member collectively get to vote.

we also need some ground rules
How many entries per month?
I think after you've won, you can't enter again for a year
how long for voting (1 week?)

Any other thoughts?

I would be happy to make an area on my website for the winners by month, so there's an online record of all the wins.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
JeepUserName
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
OK... so what we need here is one person to be responsible for collecting the entries and making the post/poll. If done as a poll, then all the member collectively get to vote.

Any other thoughts?

I would be happy to make an area on my website for the winners by month, so there's an online record of all the wins.
If you have webspace that would be great. Let me know if you need some help setting it up. I've got a little experience in web design. I mostly use customized CMS software.

I'd definitely be in favor of all registered users voting in a poll. Anytime there are judges they usually end up voting for their friends.
JeepUserName is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #12
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepUserName View Post
If you have webspace that would be great. Let me know if you need some help setting it up. I've got a little experience in web design. I mostly use customized CMS software.

my web design is nill... I am all about simple. And it would be very easy to set up a section of my site for the monthly winners.

Anyway... I guess we need someone to volunteer to be the collector/poster.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post

I would love to volunteer to collect the entries, but I don't think I have time (or a regular enough schedule).

I think that voting should be the last 5-7 days of the month with the winner being announced on the 1st of the following month.

I think one entry per month per person (or per jeep?) is fair per month. With the winning person (or jeep) not being able to enter again at least till the next calendar year (maybe even 12 months).

Would we have runner ups or honorable mentions?
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2009, 02:41 AM   #14
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

So I think its best to pick 10 judges because it avoids people from creating accounts and voting over and over. Not saying people would do that but you have to think of everything.

Once someone wins they should not be able to compete for a year. Plus they join the judges panel. Assuming we do judges.

We really don't have to set it up on a differnt site. Couldn't we just use JF? Just post a thread and have people include the following information.

Username
3-5 Pictures
Story of your build

We should take entries for 1 week.

If you would rather not post entries on JF we can just send it to someone's email then they can cc the rest of the judges.

That's all I can think of now.
Unread 08-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
That1guy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias2k8 View Post
So I think its best to pick 10 judges because it avoids people from creating accounts and voting over and over. Not saying people would do that but you have to think of everything.
It happens all the time with all the other sectons. Everyone just wants to be an attention whore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.