Anyone upgrade their radios? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone upgrade their radios?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
17topless
2008 JK Wrangler 

Anyone upgrade their radios?

Dont blame this thread on the fact that I have a JK! I KNOW nothing beats a good, functional rig and function always come before glamor. But having a loud clean sounding radio can be fun. Im about to get (professionally installed) a boss marine 500watt amp and 4 boss marine 200watt speakers put in my JK. (Boss marine is a boat brand so it'll all be waterproof). I was just wondering if anyone else like a loud system, or better yet if anyone has put an amp under the passenger side seat of a JK, i NEED dimensions.

Unread 02-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
17topless
2008 JK Wrangler 

Under the seat isn't flat, it has a flat spot the a big hump. would that stop an amp?
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
Ole Yeller
2010 JK Wrangler 

Boss Marine might be water RESISTENT, but nothing is waterPROOF. Not even a marine radio. Marine "stuff" is designed to last a couple of years in a marine environment. Radio's often only last a year in a salt water environment.
2000 TJ Sport
My previous Jeeps
1992 Wrangler S (Ole Yeller)
1985 Cherokee Pioneer
1989 Cherokee Laredo
1995 Cherokee Country
1996 Cherokee Country
1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Ole Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
17topless
2008 JK Wrangler 

all too true.........
Unread 02-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'v been thinking about replacing my speakers soon with the Quadratech Kicker drop in replacements. I hear that the front speakers are a PITA to replace so should I go to a car radio shop/Best Buy to get them put in? I know I can do the rear sound bar speakers myself.
Dronac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
17topless
2008 JK Wrangler 

Im going to best buy, but then again Ive never done electrical before and the newest radios arent exactly the easiest.
Unread 02-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have my rockford fosgate P200.2 under my passenger seat. I had to bend upwards the metal plate holding the electrical connectors (no impact on airbag sensor or sliding of seat). I don't have it drilled down because it was such a tight fit. I'm sorry don't have dimensions, I'm sure you could find them somewhere on Google.
Unread 02-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
17topless
2008 JK Wrangler 

So now that I know either will fit, I would like some opinions on whitch to get. They have an 800watt 2 channel (very compact) and a 500watt 4 channel (16in. long) I have 4 speakers and am told you can barely hear the difference. I would rather have clarity then noise.
Unread 02-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
drvnwheel
2013 JK Wrangler 

i changed the front speakers in my 2007 Sahara. It was "difficult" but not IMPOSSIBLE. Once the front panel is loose (you can't take it off), I used a bungee cord to keep it lifted up away from the speaker. The TOP speaker screw is the PITA.
drvnwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.