Anyone run FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T tires on their JK?? Any good? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone run FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T tires on their JK?? Any good?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Anyone run FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T tires on their JK?? Any good?

I have tried getting info on these tires with little results in the "tire" section of the forum. I am looking for a good/affordable 35x12.50x17 mud terrain radial and found some federal couragia M/T's for $240 each including shipping. Looks like a good deal compared to some of the name brand tires I have been seeing for $300+ in that same size. Anyone recommend these or have a good alternative? These federals look nice from some of the pictures I've seen, but no one here locally sells them.... at least I don't think anyone does and have never seen them in person.

SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
officerholbrook
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have no personal experience with the tire, however I just did a quick google search and it seems to have mixed reviews with a reoccurring problem of splitting sidewalls leading to highly unsafe blowouts. Couple links below to read for yourself. Hope they help

http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/...ct=732&cat=all

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/wh...oking-buy.html

Current: 2012 Black Rubicon (stock for now...)

Past: 2001 Black TJ Sport, 4.0L, NV3550, 31" BFG ATs
officerholbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #3
76silvercj5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you are looking for a M/T on a serious budget try TreadWright. https://www.treadwright.com/p-118-31...m-t-b2b-d.aspx
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

^ That's what I was going to suggest
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
bill9274
2011 JK Wrangler 

look at cooper stt's

Bill
bill9274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
jkfreak07
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have these tires on my cherokee in 31's and my opinion these are some great tires.
jkfreak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

I like the tread pattern of them. But I'd trust TreadWright over them. Sure they're retreads but they are practically brand new tires. I wouldn't worry about them and plan on getting their new Claw tires in a 32" after me and the Fiancee tie the knott next year.
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the opinions, links and info... I am still trying to decide on if I want to go with the AEV Pintlers wheels.... They are about $225 a pop and I am planning on ordering 5 tires and wheels. I have heard mixed reviews on mounting 35's on the factory tire carrier? Does it rattle bad or screw up the hinges on the tailgate?

My JKU will be my DD and the treadwright's freak me out. I'm not saying they are unsafe, but the whole retread deal seems less safe than buying new tires.... I know people swear by them, but not sure I want them on my new JKU. I am definitely considering the treadwright's for my CJ7 though!

I am going to look into some black steel wheels which would save some serious money compared to the AEV pintlers and that way I could fit some nice name brand tires in my budget. I just love the look of those black pintlers! Why do I always have such expensive taste!?!
SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

No joke dude. Anything AEV Branded is expensive as hell...Sh*t, their bumpers are wayyy over priced IMO. Sure they look good but for $1200 I could get the front & rear bumpers and sliders I'm wanting shipped to me and mounted by myself and two friends. But $1300 will only begin to pay for a basic front bumper from them. Their rear bumpers are even more expensive. I wouldn't buy a damn thing from them. Sure their products are sharp but it doesnt mean they should cost more. They're based out of Missoula, Montana though which is cool imo cause I have family in Missoula haha
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
robinson86

A friend of mine has the Federals and loves the performance. I would have bought a set but they didn't have a 35" at the time. I have seen them do very we in the mud and on a slick grassy muddy hill. His brother has the tread wrights and can't get them balanced very well but I do like their tread pattern. They are also stiff as far as sidewalls go.
robinson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just curious which tread wrights? I'm looking at the Claw ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
robinson86

He's got the Dogs.
robinson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #13
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. I'm hoping the CLAWs are nicer.
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Baja claws are the worst tire ever made, period. Well except for maybe the fierce attitude, and whatever weird knockoff this thread is about. As a retread, you may as well staple a bunch of nikes together and glue them to a wheel.

Don't waste your money on **** rubber. If you can't afford a decent tire, dont rush the purchase with the cheapest crap you can find. Save your money and buy good rubber.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9274
look at cooper stt's

Bill
Yep

Otherwise this may be one of the worst threads I've ever read

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.