Anyone removed their sidemarkers yet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone removed their sidemarkers yet?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
OffCamberTJ

Anyone removed their sidemarkers yet?

I'm refering to the round ones on the front flares. I'm considering using these as running lights/blinkers on a set of PSC tube fenders.

What I'm wanting to know is how exactly are they mounted up in the stock location?

Unread 02-20-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

I can't answer your question, but I have one for you. Do you have a plan for how to turn the sidemarkers into blinkers? I would like to leave them where they are, but have them blink when signalling a turn.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
OffCamberTJ

Not yet, when I came up with the idea I was at the dealer for something else, started looking at the JK's and it hit me. The one I was looking at was stock and I couldn't get my head far enough into the fender to see exectly what was up, but it appeared to be almost indentical plugs as the TJ's front blinkers. So I ordered a set. They only list for something like $16 so if it doesn't work or I can't make it work I won't be out much. If I have to then I will get the proper plugs and splice them into my factory harness.

As far as your question, I would think it should be a simple mod after locating the correct wires to splice.
Unread 02-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
strykermp5

upon purchasing something new... one must always take it apart and see how it works...

j/k

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
strykermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykermp5
upon purchasing something new... one must always take it apart and see how it works...

j/k
I completely agree its the only true way to know whats there, and seeing as it doesnt seem like anyone else has done this we'll want a detailed report please.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
OffCamberTJ

If I had a JK in my driveway I would gladly take it appart to see..............but I don't. So that warrants a question. No biggie though, I'll figure it out.
Unread 02-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
chevyjeep
1952 M-38 

Take them off get a ticket. They are required by law and not there just for looks

chevyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #8
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

You can take them off, just have to put them back on again before you drive.

scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
strykermp5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyjeep
Take them off get a ticket. They are required by law and not there just for looks

good luck finding a cop that knows about that law... and iam pretty sure it is a state to state basis... not federal... but i could be wrong (doesnt happen often though)

that is one of those things that would get you pulled over IF the cop thought you were doing something else...

or

you pissed him/her off

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
strykermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.