Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone regret closing off rear with rear storage boxes?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Stix Fx 
#1 ·
I was all set to get the Bestop Instatrunk for my '08 Wrangler Sahara (2 dr), but now I am wondering if I really want to lock myself into having the backend restricted like that.

For instance, I took a friend to the airport for a two week trip and he had about four big bags. It was nice to flip up the rear seats and put all his bags in the back there. If I would have the Instatrunk, I guess I still would have been able to lift the bags over the Instatrunk and put them in there, but I am losing that ability to easily slide larger items in through the back.... that is, unless the Instatrunk can easily be slid out when needed, but then, what is the security factor of it if it can?

So, anyone regret putting one in that blocks off some access to storage? Lockable storage is something I really do need to do since I travel with laptops and whatnot that I have to leave in the vehicle for hours at a time. Is convenience something I have to trade off with for security?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.