anyone have volant intake with pentastar? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > anyone have volant intake with pentastar?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #16
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
Lighten up. I agree a CAI is not a priority in tuning HP, MPG etc...

Not everything is. For improved sound of the intake (and YES - when it comes to engine note - I enjoy hearing intake more than exhaust. I also enjoy eating more than crapping and nobody corrects my tastes in food) a CAI is the thing. For looks as well - and even ease of maintenance. So what if he wants one. I don't have one because I don't want one enough to prioritize it over other things I still need (across multiple projects). Would I put one on if I had it free (or almost) and a free afternoon. Yes. There is nothing wrong with showy stuff - customizing is SUPPOSED to be an expression of self (no one customizes to express other people except them that do it for a living - and the customer gets what he wants or goes elsewhere to get it). In fact my JK recently got an award at a show for 1 of 10 peoples choice. Unexpectedly I might add (i entered it as it was a Wounded Warrior charity show in which I was also showing my 57 - so my 20.00 for a good cause allowed me to have my kid drive it - he brought a date and enjoyerd the day! I got a nice plaque. Win Win - and many asked if I was considering a CAI. If I already had one that would have been more WOWS and maybe the diff in the class - Macho Vehicle - judging).

And someone calls out the OP because he enjoys his ride and the attention? I am not so sure who's stupid in that exchange! (actually I am - that was just as tactful as I could say it). No different than the guy who goes to a car show and loudly and boisterously criticises every car there that is not HIS expression of what cool or performance should be.

OP - just don't set expectations any higher than reality supports and enjoy. Truthfully CAIs only deliver those claims performance wide in a very narrow parameter of operation. If you live and drive within that parameter - you will see gains. If not - you will at least still HEAR the difference (and anyone who looks under your hood will see the difference from stock BORING to whatever yopu have done! Remember - before Dale Earnhardt died - he was booed by more than 70% of the fans in attendance at the tracks during driver announcements. After he died - every single person who "ever knew anything about NASCAR" was suddenly a "die hard fan" who doted on him as the best thing to ever happen to tires. People are fickle and non scientific opinions like butt holes. Every ones has one, and they all stink except mine.. Do what makes YOU feel proud when you drive your Jeep.
I appriciate the kind words sir, one thing i did like about the volant over mopar and the others was the fact its a sealed box, not like its going to matter much being under the high heat of the hood but most others use the hood to seal the top or they are just open. Cars im used to always had the filter piped outiside into the fender wel and a bypass valve under the hood, you could stick the filter in a bucket of water with the engine running and the bypass valve opens and sucks from under the hood, not even a drop makes its way up the pipes. I dont have major plans for this ol girl, it was a big purchase for me and i just would like to enjoy it how it is stock, plenty capable, ill throw on a leveling kit and wheel spacers along with my winch and stuff but i started looking into little things to do beside suspension, id like to also try out a superchips programmer and see how well the idle up for the winch works and adjusting the lag in the drive by wire system.

rubicon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #17
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon17 View Post
I appriciate the kind words sir, one thing i did like about the volant over mopar and the others was the fact its a sealed box, not like its going to matter much being under the high heat of the hood but most others use the hood to seal the top or they are just open. Cars im used to always had the filter piped outiside into the fender wel and a bypass valve under the hood, you could stick the filter in a bucket of water with the engine running and the bypass valve opens and sucks from under the hood, not even a drop makes its way up the pipes. I dont have major plans for this ol girl, it was a big purchase for me and i just would like to enjoy it how it is stock, plenty capable, ill throw on a leveling kit and wheel spacers along with my winch and stuff but i started looking into little things to do beside suspension, id like to also try out a superchips programmer and see how well the idle up for the winch works and adjusting the lag in the drive by wire system.
Good luck with the lag. I think its hard coded in the programming (CAFE milking every advantage possible). I like Volant's products. I have a box style on my 02DTS and it made a noticeable difference. Good or Bad I'm not sure (but as I put over 250K miles on it @ average 22MPG - I am leaning to good)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.