anyone have volant intake with pentastar? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > anyone have volant intake with pentastar?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

anyone have volant intake with pentastar?

My friend has a volant intake for a 2013 wrangler i may buy, it has a powercore filter or whatever. Does anyone have one who can give some feedback? Im not worried about power or mpg its gets plenty good, i just wanna hear it or know if you noticed a difference.

rubicon17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

usual difference with cai's is seat of the pants. you think you feel a difference, and your body tells you you do to justify the cost. i doubt anyone can actually feel 10hp increase at 5500rpm.
Unread 07-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

I really just want it to make more noise its to dang quite
Unread 07-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon17 View Post
I really just want it to make more noise its to dang quite
It is quiet. I usually look at the other side to fix that
Unread 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

I want to hear the engine not the exhaust note. Not like its a big deal, im getting it for 100 and its new in box.
Unread 07-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon17 View Post
I want to hear the engine not the exhaust note. Not like its a big deal, im getting it for 100 and its new in box.
Then go for it?
Unread 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

they tend intake water well to.....
Unread 07-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

How about you just Paypal me that $100 since throwing it away isn't a big deal.
Unread 07-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #9
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Because i can sell it for 200 eventually. Jealous?
Unread 07-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yup, there is one born every minute...
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

there's people that come on here wanting you to tell them their idea is great and that it works. when people try to help and give them the opposite, they just do it out of spite.
Unread 07-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #12
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
Yup, there is one born every minute...
Coming from someone who has a 3.8 ill let your ignorance slide. As i said i dont need any more power and im happy with the almost 21mpg i get now. ive turboed cars and built a few engines i know the bs claims about intakes and exhausts, whats wrong with asking if someone has a volant intake and how it sounds? Yea i got money to buy things i dont need, who give a ****. If you cant answer my first post then we dont need to hear your babble.
Unread 07-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #13
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Lighten up. I agree a CAI is not a priority in tuning HP, MPG etc...

Not everything is. For improved sound of the intake (and YES - when it comes to engine note - I enjoy hearing intake more than exhaust. I also enjoy eating more than crapping and nobody corrects my tastes in food) a CAI is the thing. For looks as well - and even ease of maintenance. So what if he wants one. I don't have one because I don't want one enough to prioritize it over other things I still need (across multiple projects). Would I put one on if I had it free (or almost) and a free afternoon. Yes. There is nothing wrong with showy stuff - customizing is SUPPOSED to be an expression of self (no one customizes to express other people except them that do it for a living - and the customer gets what he wants or goes elsewhere to get it). In fact my JK recently got an award at a show for 1 of 10 peoples choice. Unexpectedly I might add (i entered it as it was a Wounded Warrior charity show in which I was also showing my 57 - so my 20.00 for a good cause allowed me to have my kid drive it - he brought a date and enjoyerd the day! I got a nice plaque. Win Win - and many asked if I was considering a CAI. If I already had one that would have been more WOWS and maybe the diff in the class - Macho Vehicle - judging).

And someone calls out the OP because he enjoys his ride and the attention? I am not so sure who's stupid in that exchange! (actually I am - that was just as tactful as I could say it). No different than the guy who goes to a car show and loudly and boisterously criticises every car there that is not HIS expression of what cool or performance should be.

OP - just don't set expectations any higher than reality supports and enjoy. Truthfully CAIs only deliver those claims performance wide in a very narrow parameter of operation. If you live and drive within that parameter - you will see gains. If not - you will at least still HEAR the difference (and anyone who looks under your hood will see the difference from stock BORING to whatever yopu have done! Remember - before Dale Earnhardt died - he was booed by more than 70% of the fans in attendance at the tracks during driver announcements. After he died - every single person who "ever knew anything about NASCAR" was suddenly a "die hard fan" who doted on him as the best thing to ever happen to tires. People are fickle and non scientific opinions like butt holes. Every ones has one, and they all stink except mine.. Do what makes YOU feel proud when you drive your Jeep.
Unread 07-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #14
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Dude, I was just commenting on your ability to turn a profit. Chill
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #15
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
Dude, I was just commenting on your ability to turn a profit. Chill
Sorry if i took your words out of context, it seems like it was directed toward me, ive read alot of others getting bashed for wanting more power and all that jazz but i dont need any, the first thing i though when my buddy said 100 and i can have it was sweet, if i dont like it or it doesnt sound any louder i can just resell it and double my money back, i love the sound of the pentastar after about 4k when the vvt engages. On honda vtecs the lift and duration made a nasty loud pop sound with intakes and ive seen them gain 100whp on a dyno between 5200 and 6k this was on a b16a with 12psi and i would never expect that from this engine unless its boosted but id like to just hear it open up more, really makes a difference. The japs figured it out along time ago, about time we get variable valve timing! Its like an aftermarket camshaft after a set rpm, very cool how it all works. Lol it just reminded me of the old days and hearing vtec on those rice burners, ill probably end up buying it to test it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.