Anyone have Black Rock wheels? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone have Black Rock wheels?

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 02-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #31
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudetx View Post
Warning...I got 5 of the Black Rock Steelies 16 x 8 last month and all 5 were out of round. Spent countless hours at Discount Tire balancing till they figured out it was the wheels. You get what you pay for...

Sent them back and got the Pro Comp 7079's aluminum.
holy crap, good to know. i was looking at those black rocks a lot at one time.

Unread 04-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
Yonco
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Warning...I got 5 of the Black Rock Steelies 16 x 8 last month and all 5 were out of round. Spent countless hours at Discount Tire balancing till they figured out it was the wheels. You get what you pay for...

Sent them back and got the Pro Comp 7079's aluminum
Im sure it had to do with the goon putting on the tires, All 5 were bent? That seems like a long shot. -Jon

OLD YJ: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1991-yj-project-quickie-1146445/
Yonco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #33
discordian
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerking View Post
Here's another at a different angle. I like 'em and I really like that the tires are a boatload cheaper than the 16 or 17 versions. I didn't have to do anything for them to clear the brake calipers.

What backspacing did you get?
Unread 05-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #34
str8fan
2009 JK Wrangler 

I originally had the 997's. They started to rust in under a year. The center cap turned white. Not happy at all.

I replaced them with AEV Savegre's, much better!
img_0069.jpg  
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #35
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Stay away from this brand of wheel. I have had my black rocks for 9 months now. For the last 3 months or so I have been getting some vibrations and when after a new set of tires the other day, I'm still getting it. I was just informed by my tire shop that all four wheels are bad. This thing hasn't been offroad since I got the wheels at the end of last summer.
26679cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.