Anyone figure this out yet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone figure this out yet?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Volley

Anyone figure this out yet?

OK so we had the first rain since I bought my new JK (soft top). It's raining pretty hard and I have gone out a few times to see if there are any leaks with the soft top. Good news is I see no signs of leaks. However, there was a pretty steady stream of water when I opened the door. I know several here have complained about this. Has anyone figured out a way to help this? Channel the water or something?

Volley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Grant211
2007 JK Wrangler 

I experienced it for the first time yesterday. I am curious too if there are any easy fixes.
Unread 05-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Cut yourself 4 boards out of 2x12s about 18 inches long.

Stack 2 boards on top of each other

Find a level parking spot

Park both tires on the drivers side on top of each 2X12 stack.

Problem Solved

I can build these incredible drainage assitance devices for forum members at a cost of $280.00 per set plus shipping.

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

You could also place the stacks on both front wheels or both back wheels as long as it provides a downward angle, afterall these are multifaceted devices

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #5
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
Cut yourself 4 boards out of 2x12s about 18 inches long.

Stack 2 boards on top of each other

Find a level parking spot

Park both tires on the drivers side on top of each 2X12 stack.

Problem Solved

I can build these incredible drainage assitance devices for forum members at a cost of $280.00 per set plus shipping.

How can you expect serious prospective buyers to consider your new innovative product without pics...
Kellyoferin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Heebsdizzle
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
You could also place the stacks on both front wheels or both back wheels as long as it provides a downward angle, afterall these are multifaceted devices

I believe Quadratech is selling this product for 800 dollars. Quite a markup there.
Heebsdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
kubwa_jim
2007 JK Wrangler 

Put me down for two sets, just in case I accidentally break one set. Also, do they come with instructions, in case I get confused?
kubwa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #8
Volley

Jokesters! Great solution if it is parked in my drive but I need a portable system for when I go to the mall or grocery store! That would be an additional $450 for a portable system I suppose...

By the way, I have had the Sunrider down twice now and riding around yesterday with the sun shining in and 85 degree weather. What a blast! I love this Jeep!

Last edited by Volley; 05-11-2007 at 11:02 AM..
Unread 05-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #9
Mortikhi

Cut a board that is tall enough to go from your floorboard to the soft top, pushing the soft top up a little in center. When it rains, the rain will just slide down and off instead of pooling on your roof.

Welcome to a Jeep perk
Mortikhi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #10
Scootr
2007 JK Wrangler 

Articulation ramp in your driveway would be even better,lol!!!

[B] 2007 JK "X" 2dr [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Jeep Green[/COLOR],auto, 4.10's, 6 disc Infinity system with sub, 32's w/Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 8179 wheels, Smittybilt SRC side bars,Sirius 1 unit, Magellan Maestro 3100 GPS . Former Jeeps...02 and 05 TJ Sports
[COLOR="Red"]SEMPER FI ![/COLOR]
[/B]
Scootr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #11
EagerJeeper

Don't open the door.
EagerJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #12
BJeepJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortikhi
Cut a board that is tall enough to go from your floorboard to the soft top, pushing the soft top up a little in center. When it rains, the rain will just slide down and off instead of pooling on your roof.

Welcome to a Jeep perk
It doesn't "pool" in the middle of the top, it sits on the edges above the doors.
Just stick a piece of used gum at the end of the channel near the windshield. If you don't have any i'm selling used gum for $12.99 per side ... it'll probably get hard again by the time you get in the mail, just rechew for 2 minutes and stick in on there.
BJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #13
Mortikhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJeepJK
It doesn't "pool" in the middle of the top, it sits on the edges above the doors.
Just stick a piece of used gum at the end of the channel near the windshield. If you don't have any i'm selling used gum for $12.99 per side ... it'll probably get hard again by the time you get in the mail, just rechew for 2 minutes and stick in on there.
OK so they're different than my 93.

Buy a hardtop.

If nothing else, each time you open the door and see water fall into your jeep, think of me and how my jeep has been on order for 14 weeks now.

In my book, a bit of water in the jeep is a non-issue. My 93 has been leaking for over a decade and everything still works. Hell, I even submerged it in the swamps here in FL up to her headlights...everything works.
Mortikhi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #14
DTarlo
2001 XJ Cherokee 

make sure your soft top is adjusted and the rain gutters are horizintal not tilted, this means really going over the soft top install with a fine tooth comb and pretty much doing it exactley like it says in the manual.

I am sure some out there will say, nope it just does it and there's nothing you can do about it but i haven't had that prob since i carefully made sure everything is snug and installed in the order it says.
DTarlo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2007, 06:36 AM   #15
Volley

Well it certainly isn't anything to make me not like my Jeep, but it is a stready flow of water when I open the door in rain. This is my daily driver and the water falls right where your legs need to go to get out of the Jeep...not good when I am in my business attire. Nonetheless it isn't a huge deal just one of those things that I am sure others have noticed and wondered if anyone had rigged up something. By the way, I am not sure if this is exclusive to soft tops as it streams from the "header" bar at the front...not sure but doesn't the hard tops have some sort of header seal as well... I'm sure I'll figure out something as I look at it more closely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.