Anyone ever throw these codes? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone ever throw these codes?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 08-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

Anyone ever throw these codes?

P2172 and P0430

If you have, please, let me know what was done. Thanks all.

Unread 08-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
aznjeep

2013 JK Wrangler 

P2172-HIGH AIRFLOW/VACUUM LEAK DETECTED (INSTANTANEOUS ACCUMULATION) This information is a little beyond my comprehension, but maybe it can help you diagnose: http://www.chargerforumz.com/showpos...85&postcount=3

PO430: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2) Here is some info on this: http://engine-codes.com/p0430_jeep.html

I would also suggest a Google search to see what others have said...
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

OK ... I opened my engine bay this evening... Apparently after my mechanic "PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER" it wasn't all tight and it looks like one of the bundles of electronic cables was laying down on my steering shaft!!!! SOoooooo I think that was ONE of the codes... but could one of these codes cause the other?
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
PaXJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

remove the neg battery cable. Plug the cable that was on your shaft back in. reconnect battery cable. Start and see if any new codes come up.
PaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaXJ View Post
remove the neg battery cable. Plug the cable that was on your shaft back in. reconnect battery cable. Start and see if any new codes come up.
I don't se where anything is unplugged ... If I didn't have a migraine, this day would be perfect day to be driving a good running jeep!
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

What did your mechanic have apart? A vacuum leak is usually from the intake plenum being loose, a bad seal where the PCV pipe connects to the top of the plenum or where the MAP sensor O ring is located...The O2 sensor below efficiency is caused by the vacuum leak IMO.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

I haven't found anything that seems "Out of place" or un plugged...
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Again, what did your mechanic have apart? The items I listed would not be apparent from casual observation alone.
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
Unread 08-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

Again, I have looked and felt around, nothing seems out of place. the hose going from the air intake to the valve covers was a bit loose, but not a lot...
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Last time. What did your mechanic take apart? You cannot see or feel a loose gasket or seal dude.
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've felt around, wiggled and gotten under the dagum thing, nothing looks out of place. I've reached where I couldn't see and tried to make sure everything felt like it was in place that I could find. The valve cover's both got new gaskets, they seem fine. I'm not just "LOOKIN" with my eyes I got up on my bumper and dove into the thing. I'm not mechanically inclined but I'm not an idiot either. My original question was HAS ANYONE HAD THESE CODES... I appreciate you trying to help with the suggestions but its getting redundant. SO THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS NO, I CANT FEEL ANYTHING OUT OF PLACE OR A LOOSE GASKET! DUDE.
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yes I have had the codes. The fact you think the valve cover gasket is the place to look for a vacuum leak illustrates your genius. You have to disassemble and examine your PCV connection for a leak and see if the seal is tight, not wiggle or look at it. Same for MAP sensor or intake manifold and/or air plenum dude. You look but you do not see grasshopper

As for my 'tude. See my sig.

And last of all. What your mechanic did will give you and the rest of this forum a clue for what to look for. If he/she removed the PCV pipe to get to another part ie. a valve cover, then it makes sense to look (disassemble and examine) that part.
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've "Felt up" the exhaust system but don't have the means or the time to pull isht apart... I'm taking it to the same mechanic so that they can possibly run the codes and see what the hell is going on. Mechanic did take apart the engine to the valve covers and didn't ... I just realized, I you haven't seen my MAIN problem... I'll post a link to the video... a tapping in the upper end of the engine but they didn't find anything when they were in there the first time... they'll not charge me to go that deep again...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

You have to understand my situation. I'm usually an easy going happy guy who speaks fluent sarcasm with the best of em... but for the last two weeks I've been having to borrow vehicles from others to make it to one of my two jobs and money isn't just growing on trees for me. Stress and migraines are getting me down, I'm worn thin. My sarcasm filter is in need of repair.
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Finally, well, he probably did not get the PCV pipe to intake plenum sealed properly...it is one of the most common areas for vacuum leak and is tricky to get sealed again. I had to use a new seal between the pipe bracket and the plastic plenum....
see....when you finally take some time to give specifics, we can help a lot better. Let us know what the mechanic finds, or, show your knowledge and point him to a potential problem area.
Unread 08-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #15
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

OK ... Mechanic read the codes... said one of my cat's are shot... I asked if it could have been from a loose gasket, he wasn't sure. Then when he put the valve gaskets back on he was having a problem getting them to stick so he used an automotive glue? And I can't pick it up till Monday because they are closed on the weekends. Tapping has been discovered that they were the stuck/broken lifters... going to cost me upwards of almost $800 just to fix it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.