Anybody use the Rampage Retractable Rockguard? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anybody use the Rampage Retractable Rockguard?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Anybody use the Rampage Retractable Rockguard?

Anybody use em?

Unread 08-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Anybody???
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Haven't used em or seen em installed. But I went with solid (PS RockerKnockers) that catch the frame AND pinch seam for strength - I can jack the entire side of the rig up with my sliders.

I think these would be okay for a mild off roader - but the first time you get em really hung up on the rocks - dont expect them to be fully functional anymore and as they only mount to the pinch seam and floor - could seriously damage the pan if really hammered on...
The Jeep wave - it means nothing. Now I look for the RearView wave. Anyone can cause a guy to readjust his rear view at night. But in the daytime when you roll up behind someone and they adjust their mirror to frame your Jeep straighter - THAT'S a compliment!
jwmbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
Haven't used em or seen em installed. But I went with solid (PS RockerKnockers) that catch the frame AND pinch seam for strength - I can jack the entire side of the rig up with my sliders.

I think these would be okay for a mild off roader - but the first time you get em really hung up on the rocks - dont expect them to be fully functional anymore and as they only mount to the pinch seam and floor - could seriously damage the pan if really hammered on...
Thanks! Do yours work well as steps too?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.