Anybody Add 7-Pin Wiring for Trailer to a JKU - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Anybody Add 7-Pin Wiring for Trailer to a JKU

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #31
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Here's the trailer we built. With the quad loaded.

'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #32
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
Quite a few trailers I have pulled have the 7 pin and no trailer brakes.
Interesting.

Quote:
They were U-Haul and car dolly trailers.
Well, there you go - Uhaul. Land of idiots.

Any car hauler should definitely have brakes. I'm not familiar with a car dolly....do they tie into the vehicle and use its brakes as well as its lights? I dunno. But I definitely would not want to tow a car and not have additional brakes, that's for sure.

Quote:
You know as well as I that it's a crap shoot on most of those types. I just finished building a quad trailer for a friend. We put a 4 pin on it. Went up to the trailer sales and looked at similar 5x8 trailers. No 2 were alike is a lot of 6. And 2 had 7 pin connectors. Sales guy was useless. I asked him about it and I might as well said it in Latin.
Weird (:
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.