Any Sahara owners with 17" wheels wish they had 18's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Any Sahara owners with 17" wheels wish they had 18's?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
sdebol
2010 JK Wrangler 

Any Sahara owners with 17" wheels wish they had 18's?

I've been searching on the lots for a Sahara Unlimited with 17" wheels just to see how they look but haven't found one yet. I'm getting ready to order my Unlimited and can't decide between the 17" and 18" wheels. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Steve

sdebol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
jeepers3

I have 18" wheels. I would have bought with 17" wheels....or 16, or 15, or 19, or 20, or pretty much anything. For my purposes, I don't see much difference, except in tire availability. From that perspective, I wish I had smaller wheels. Eventually, I may buy a second set of rims so I can use studded tires. When I do that, I'll go with whatever size rim results in the most affordable (studded) tires. That way, tire changeover twice a year is just a matter of popping off wheels and putting on new ones.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
jkGunner35

I have the Sahara with 18" wheels. In my opinion, the 18" stock look a lot better than the 17" stock. However, I have found that if you are going to replace the tires but plan to keep the rims, the 17" wheels are a lot easier to find tires that fit. Just my opinion....
jkGunner35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
sdebol
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkGunner35
I have the Sahara with 18" wheels. In my opinion, the 18" stock look a lot better than the 17" stock. However, I have found that if you are going to replace the tires but plan to keep the rims, the 17" wheels are a lot easier to find tires that fit. Just my opinion....
Good point--and I will be keeping the stock rims.

Thanks,
Steve
sdebol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
FLSeaMonkey

I personally love the look of the 18"s on mine. I know that they are not a good choice for rough off roading, but my JK will see beach use only. I do plan to go with a more agressive tire when it is time to change, but for now I love them.
FLSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.