Any one tried the Truck-Lite 7 Round LED Headlamp yet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Any one tried the Truck-Lite 7 Round LED Headlamp yet?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 10-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
tturkstra
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any one tried the Truck-Lite 7 Round LED Headlamp yet?

Good Day:

Haven't been able to find this with my search.

I'm looking to upgrade the headlights on my 08 JK 4-door. The *** [Edit: actually Philips Visionplus +50] improved things a bit, but I want more.

Truck-Lite 7” Round LED Headlamp - OK4WD

$330 each? These seem awfully pricey, so I'd love to avoid being the guinea pig and hear a few success stories before I fork over the $$$.

Anyone try them yet? I'd like to know how much better the lighting is and how hard they were to install. Apparently they need a different electrical plug, but that seem's doable to me.

Last edited by tturkstra; 10-02-2009 at 12:24 PM..
tturkstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Find Waterboarder's link to his Cibie upgrade; I think it cost less.
FWIW, if you installed Sylvania Silverstars and think it was an improvement, you're probably mistaken; they put out much less light that your eyes can use to focus. Narva Silverstars work but I don't think they come in an H13.
Phillips makes a couple of bulbs that are good --- Visionplus +50 and +80. Both are Eurospec.

My MINI Cooper uses H13 also; I have Philips Visionplus +50 bulbs in both.
Driving down the road in the Mini, it looks like daylight; same bulbs in the Jeep and I'm wondering if I remembered to turn the lights on....

Must be the reflectors or something.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
tturkstra
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oops, you're right, I actually switched to the Philips Visionplus +50. OP edited...

No luck on the search though, suggested key words?

Thanks,
Unread 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturkstra View Post
Oops, you're right, I actually switched to the Philips Visionplus +50. OP edited...

No luck on the search though, suggested key words?

Thanks,
Here you go:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/d...-my-jk-858502/

Screw trucklite. Go with the Stern solution (:
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.