Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #31
t funge

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwookie
after seeing that video, i really wouldnt mind having that 4-door wrangler....i could carry a lot more in it, and its even bigger then the present unlimited, and my friends would be more comfortable in it for longer trips, it would be better for those camping trips with all that extra room....i really dont mind that one bit
With that load it will be a dog ing V6

t funge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #32
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave
Now, you're comparing the power of the base engine of the JK to the optional upgraded engine on a TJ. You need to compare the 3.8 to the 2.4. Then, when the V8(or diesel) comes out for the JK(which it better!), you can compare that to the 4.0.
The diesel is for export only. As far as know, the 3.8 is the only engine availabe.
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!
mpyusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #33
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwookie
as far as the electronics go, i wouldnt want the side airbags, or the power windows, but, i really wouldnt mind the nav system...think about it, what better vehicle to have a nav system in then a jeep?.....it would come in to use so much more then in the pricey luxury cars....it will make it easier to go camping in some remote part of a forrest bc you'll know where you are, you can venture farther into the trails bc you wont have to worry about getting lost, hell, you could spend days just exploring the trails, by yourself, as long as you dont get stuck......i think jeep is doing pretty well with this
"you are not on any marked road"
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!
mpyusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 05:59 PM   #34
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

The reason they got rid of the 4.0 was because it won't meet emissions regulations as of 2008. Why waste money completly redesigning the 4.0 to possilby meet emissions when you can put a pretty decent engine in. Yes it's not the torque of the 4, but I can roast the tires in the Grand Caravans at work without trying on dry pavement(keep in mind this is with an auto)...I struggle to do that with my XJ.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #35
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyusko
"you are not on any marked road"

Maybe there will be a way to upload topographic maps to it, oh man that would be sweet
Unread 04-19-2006, 10:05 PM   #36
jackieonasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsmithwhaley
The reason they got rid of the 4.0 was because it won't meet emissions regulations as of 2008. Why waste money completly redesigning the 4.0 to possilby meet emissions when you can put a pretty decent engine in. Yes it's not the torque of the 4, but I can roast the tires in the Grand Caravans at work without trying on dry pavement(keep in mind this is with an auto)...I struggle to do that with my XJ.
it probably has somethign to do with an overactive diff, and front will drive.

That is what is causing spin...
jackieonasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2006, 06:54 AM   #37
drummerwookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by t funge
With that load it will be a dog ing V6
its not like i would always be driving with a huge load in the back........plus, its a jeep, i wouldnt buy it to go fast...and its not like i would be interested in getting rid of my 06 for it, but, as a second jeep, it would be nice

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #38
DEPartsnPieces
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
I task you to design a four-door offroad capable SUV and have it not look somewhat similar to both the JK and h3. There's only so much room for differentiation, and I think these two are about as far different as you can get. Just MHO.
I'm too lazy to get a picture of a Cherokee, so imagine one here:

[Cherokee Pic]

I can look at a Cherokee and an H3 side by side without wondering if twin brothers worked at competing companies.
Unread 04-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #39
mmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPartsnPieces
I'm too lazy to get a picture of a Cherokee, so imagine one here:

[Cherokee Pic]

I can look at a Cherokee and an H3 side by side without wondering if twin brothers worked at competing companies.
Oh no Jeep is copying hummer, didn't you hear? They got in there time machine back in 83 when they designed the Cherokee went forward 23 years so they could see what the H3 looked like and copy it's styling.

Last edited by mmp; 04-21-2006 at 10:53 PM..
mmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #40
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd8488
Maybe DC will give some aftermarket companies a couple of them before they are released to begin working on them early. I know Toyota did that with their FJ cruiser so there would be aftermarket parts available relatively quickly after it was released. Though maybe they won't because they just want us to buy Rubis instead of modifying the other trim levels.

If DCX does give aftermarket companies vehicles to use it wouldnt be for a while. Currently the JK is in its first stage of a production representative vehicle (denoted S1 phase) Once it gets to the end of S2 which wont be for about 6 months, then maybe DCX would allow aftermarket companies to use a test vehicle. I dont think DCX will give any test vehicle to a aftermarket supplier untill they are in production. To many engineering changes happen within the current suspension development, they are trying to fine tune there own designed suspension let alone hand off a vehicle to an aftermarket company that has no where near the resources and engineering capabilities as DCX has. MHO from someone who works with DCX and TNAP (toledo north assembly plant) on a regular basis.
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #41
PSUSahara

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=728255
[B]Black Jeep Club #85[/B]
PSUSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #42
DEPartsnPieces
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp
Oh no Jeep is copying hummer, didn't you here? They got in there time machine back in 83 when they designed the Cherokee went forward 23 years so they could see what the H3 looked like and copy it's styling.
Hmmm. That actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it!
Unread 04-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #43
FASTnSPEEDY
1991 XJ Cherokee 

One in the mud.
[CENTER][B]'91 XJ [/B] 126,XXX miles (110,XXX when purchased), (was) in mint cond. stock, fully loaded. 4wd + np242 -Mods: Harbour Freight lights on the bumper. 30"s, 2" bb, exhaust, other small misc stuff.
'96 XLT MANual [COLOR=Navy][B]Ford[/B][/COLOR] Ranger 151,XXX miles (113,XXX when purchased), mostly stock except for Cooper A/T tires and a CB
'85 Toyota Pickup 156,000 miles 22R, on 33"s [/CENTER]
FASTnSPEEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #44
Agent 000
Secret Agent Man

1998 XJ Cherokee 

FYI, the navigation system has what is known as a "Trail Mode" or "Cookie Crumb" feature, lets you go to any point, and the system sets up gps markers, to allow you to navigate back to that location at any time. You can go on any trail, and it will store the trail in it's memeory, for future use.

And yes, the new JK is every bit a Jeep, and aside from being five inches wider, will go just as well offroad as any CJ/YJ/TJ out there (and with better stock ground clearance, better approach and departure angles).

Oh, and they went with the 3.8 V-6 over the 3.7 V-6 for a good reason, less complex, easier to fix on the trail if needed (just like the 4.0). And yes, the engine has been modified from the engine found in the T&C and Grand Caravan, to produce more HP and tourque.
Agent 000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #45
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTnSPEEDY

One in the mud.

That looks fake to me.

Besides, those hoses can dent panels and knock out windows easily.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.