Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-18-2006, 06:54 PM   #16
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelion79
Does this new Jeep stand for "Just Kidding" and DC isn't really going to release it?
I don't know why you guys are giving the poor thing so much flak... The standard 2-door looks just like any other Wrangler and at least the 4 door doesn't look as disproportionate as the current Unlimited.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #17
SteelBlue_WJ
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob
at least the 4 door doesn't look as disproportionate as the current Unlimited.

+1

I like the full doors, I was going to puke at the half door pics.

2001 Steel Blue WJ Laredo SA 4x4, 3.5" lift, Apperance Package with factory Laredo Steel Blue cladding/leather
Conferr Roof Basket with custom Randy Ellis Design light cage, WAAG grille guard and Hella lots of 500 lights

2004 Wrangler Sport, 2.5" and 31's, nothing special

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.' "
John Greenleaf Whittier
SteelBlue_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 07:17 PM   #18
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here's another 'modded' JK:

http://www.dieselstation.com/ds-uplo...-photoshop.jpg
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #19
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
I added a pic of an h3 to that link, for comparison.

I'm really not seeing it. I mean, obviously, they're both four door SUVs whose designs are based on capable military offroad vehicles. Other than that, where are the similarities?

The fenders are as different as can be. The tail lights are completely different. The h3's windows are short and wide, the JK's are almost square. The JK has exposed hinges, black trim, and A REMOVABLE ROOF.

I task you to design a four-door offroad capable SUV and have it not look somewhat similar to both the JK and h3. There's only so much room for differentiation, and I think these two are about as far different as you can get. Just MHO.
You must work for DC.
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!
mpyusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #20
jeepfury

I might be a bastard for saying this but the 4-door wrangler is what the hummer should have been. Solid axles, lockers, super low range transfer case, and a removable top? Jeep got it right for doing the 4-door the way they did if you ask me. But I do agree that there is too much electronics to deal with. If I had a family I'd get one over a commander.

00 Cherokee Classic- Stock
jeepfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #21
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I'd rock that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #22
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My issues lie in many places.
  • Longer
  • Wider - won't fit between the trees as easy. Why widen it? you didn't gain any passengers in the two-door model.
  • weaker - I want to see the power curve on that V6, 205 HP, but where is peak torque. I have yet to find a V6 that can match a L6 in performance. V6 idle speed is higher, and generally Peak power is at higher RPMs)
  • overly technical - PR says that certain safety features can bs disabled in Low range only.... Gee sensors to deactivate sensors.... wow what a world. What's the deal with the available side airbags?
  • looks like an h3 with hinges! The Unlimited with the top down looks like a wannabe mini H1.(nuff said there)
  • If they have room for a locking trunk stow, where did they steal the space?
  • The speaker placement Cracks me up too. Center console, Overhead, Protruding from top of dashboard.
I love my TJ, but I can't bring myself to like the JK.
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!
mpyusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #23
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyusko
[*]Longer
Do we really need to talk about the advantages of a longer wheelbase and more cargo room again?

Quote:
[*]Wider - won't fit between the trees as easy. Why widen it? you didn't gain any passengers in the two-door model.
Some of use weigh more than 140 lbs. and need the shoulder room. Besides, most people who are serious offroaders use full width axles anyway, which are still much wider than the body of the JK.

Quote:
[*]weaker - I want to see the power curve on that V6, 205 HP, but where is peak torque. I have yet to find a V6 that can match a L6 in performance. V6 idle speed is higher, and generally Peak power is at higher RPMs)
Now, you're comparing the power of the base engine of the JK to the optional upgraded engine on a TJ. You need to compare the 3.8 to the 2.4. Then, when the V8(or diesel) comes out for the JK(which it better!), you can compare that to the 4.0.

Quote:
[*]overly technical - PR says that certain safety features can bs disabled in Low range only.... Gee sensors to deactivate sensors.... wow what a world. What's the deal with the available side airbags?
I don't know. I'd like to hear more about the side airbags also.

Quote:
[*]looks like an h3 with hinges! The Unlimited with the top down looks like a wannabe mini H1.(nuff said there)
As everyone knows, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the looks of the new Unlimited. I don't see how anyone could confuse it for a Hummer.

Quote:
[*]If they have room for a locking trunk stow, where did they steal the space?
Now that they put the fuel tank under the passenger seat, they only have a muffler in the rear, so they have a little extra room back there.

Quote:
[*]The speaker placement Cracks me up too. Center console, Overhead, Protruding from top of dashboard.[/list]
It does look a little weird doesn't it? I guess we'll have to wait and hear how they sound.

Quote:
I love my TJ, but I can't bring myself to like the JK.
And I thank you. That means there will be more on the lot for me to choose from.
Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #24
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave

Now, you're comparing the power of the base engine of the JK to the optional upgraded engine on a TJ. You need to compare the 3.8 to the 2.4. Then, when the V8(or diesel) comes out for the JK(which it better!), you can compare that to the 4.0.
That is the most retarded thing ive heard all day. Have fun in your JK when you get it.
Unread 04-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #25
russkrs

Quote:
I'm really not seeing it.
Turn your monitor on...
Unread 04-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #26
AaronKalb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
That is the most retarded thing ive heard all day. Have fun in your JK when you get it.
x2

Border Dave,
As of now it's not even an option so you gotta compare what's available. I'll stick with my TJ so even more on the lot for you to choose. You can park it next to your H3.
AaronKalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #27
drummerwookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjeeperzj
http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4023923&s=NewYork2006

I found this on a forum down here for any of you all who havent seen this video yet.
after seeing that video, i really wouldnt mind having that 4-door wrangler....i could carry a lot more in it, and its even bigger then the present unlimited, and my friends would be more comfortable in it for longer trips, it would be better for those camping trips with all that extra room....i really dont mind that one bit

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #28
drummerwookie

as far as the electronics go, i wouldnt want the side airbags, or the power windows, but, i really wouldnt mind the nav system...think about it, what better vehicle to have a nav system in then a jeep?.....it would come in to use so much more then in the pricey luxury cars....it will make it easier to go camping in some remote part of a forrest bc you'll know where you are, you can venture farther into the trails bc you wont have to worry about getting lost, hell, you could spend days just exploring the trails, by yourself, as long as you dont get stuck......i think jeep is doing pretty well with this

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #29
bfr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I added a pic of an h3 to that link, for comparison.

I'm really not seeing it. I mean, obviously, they're both four door SUVs whose designs are based on capable military offroad vehicles.
Are you smoking crack?

The H3 is based on a chevy colorado pickup.
If it doesn't have gear reduction hubs, ctis, 24v electrical and a beadlocks from the factory it isn't a hmmwv.
Unread 04-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #30
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfr
Are you smoking crack?

The H3 is based on a chevy colorado pickup.
If it doesn't have gear reduction hubs, ctis, 24v electrical and a beadlocks from the factory it isn't a hmmwv.

I said "designs are based on", not "platforms are based on". The H2/H3 designs are based on the 'H1' design.

Regardless, why would any of that make you think I was smoking crack? Does crack make people think vehicles are based on platforms they're not based on?
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.