Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
GlennH

Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please!

I'm looking to see any type of mod's on the new JK. If you have found something please submit it here. thanks!

GlennH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennH
I'm looking to see any type of mod's on the new JK. If you have found something please submit it here. thanks!
Considering that DC isn't even releasing it until this fall, and the aftermarket is ALWAYS a year or two behind. I think it'll be quite a while before we see anything.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I was able to take my JK and put two more doors onto it. But i hear everyone is going to be doing this also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here's mine with a 4" lift:

http://www25.addr.com/~scottycc/randomimages/myrig
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
jplover2

i've heard ppl make comments that it favors a hummer..after seeing that picture..i'll have to say it really does favor it alot with the hard top on.
jplover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2006, 06:40 PM   #6
mpd8488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raab3485
Considering that DC isn't even releasing it until this fall, and the aftermarket is ALWAYS a year or two behind. I think it'll be quite a while before we see anything.

Maybe DC will give some aftermarket companies a couple of them before they are released to begin working on them early. I know Toyota did that with their FJ cruiser so there would be aftermarket parts available relatively quickly after it was released. Though maybe they won't because they just want us to buy Rubis instead of modifying the other trim levels.
mpd8488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #7
Aphelion79

Does this new Jeep stand for "Just Kidding" and DC isn't really going to release it?
Dana 30 Front | AMC 20 Rear
Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2006, 06:49 PM   #8
got_4_lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelion79
Does this new Jeep stand for "Just Kidding" and DC isn't really going to release it?
thats what i was thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #9
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
That looks great, but you need bigger tires on it.
Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 02:10 AM   #10
kaketj
beef jerky and grease....

Aftermarket company's in good standing(AEV,warn,bestop,) with DC most likely
have already recieved their copy of the new JK Wrangler, and the knowledge to by-pass the "trouble" systems on the rig!
Think about it DC knows that the jeep(tj,yj.cj) is one of the after markets biggest money generators and alot,not all,but alot of the buyers modify alot of oem parts,some buyers purchase Jeeps because of the options on the aftermarket now think about this,DC is going to make the first company rich that gets those lifts out for the JK,and I'm sure that deals have been made
AEV is a cool company,but it is the bastard child of ARB and DC,we all know this and that is why they had a lift out for the new grand cherokee/commander long before anybody else and those lifts already had ways to defeat the roll assist and the traction control system when larger tires were added conspiracy,nope just common sense
New toy. ZO6
kaketj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #11
russkrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
*cough* H3 *cough* H3
Unread 04-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #12
adam728
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russkrs
*cough* H3 *cough* H3
Exactly!
adam728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #13
USAFCOP
1998 ZJ 

it looks like a honda element and an H3 got together to make a vehicle that is longer, more expensive, oddly SUV like, and MUCH MUCH MUCH more complicated, Skid control, Electronic Sway bar disco's, Nav, computer based...these are all good things...for the soccer mom, on the trail I dont want to have to fight my rig because something elecronic isn't wkring. Thats why Electronic shift on the fly sucks, it "works" until you REALLY need it to, and you cant manually engauge.
This happened with diesels. I had a ford powerstroke ( 6.0 ) but it was computer controlled. more HP, more TQ, BUT...less reliable that the cummins because that motor was still Mechanicaly controlled....
For the DD, the fold down seats, HUGE head rests, longer WB, all great stuff...for the person who likes taking it apart and 'figuring' it out, modding it, and beating on it...this looks like its going to be more costly and a headache than Jeeps are known for....just my 02....I also made sure I got an 06....the last of the 4.0l = ( but time will tell....I might be wrong,

Hopefully a new CJ-7 project in my garage Soon enough.
USAFCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 09:48 AM   #14
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

I added a pic of an h3 to that link, for comparison.

I'm really not seeing it. I mean, obviously, they're both four door SUVs whose designs are based on capable military offroad vehicles. Other than that, where are the similarities?

The fenders are as different as can be. The tail lights are completely different. The h3's windows are short and wide, the JK's are almost square. The JK has exposed hinges, black trim, and A REMOVABLE ROOF.

I task you to design a four-door offroad capable SUV and have it not look somewhat similar to both the JK and h3. There's only so much room for differentiation, and I think these two are about as far different as you can get. Just MHO.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #15
Nick ZJ
1997 ZJ 

http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4023923&s=NewYork2006

I found this on a forum down here for any of you all who havent seen this video yet.

Quote:
This is the classic "Unstoppable Force" versus "Immoveable Object" debate. The result? Destruction of the Universe.
Quote:
last time i tried fording a river 2 of my oxen died and i got dysentary
Nick ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.