JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/any-modded-jks-yet-pictures-please-262189/)

GlennH 04-15-2006 07:40 PM

Any Modded JK's Yet? Pictures Please!

I'm looking to see any type of mod's on the new JK. If you have found something please submit it here. thanks!

RAAB3485 04-15-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennH
I'm looking to see any type of mod's on the new JK. If you have found something please submit it here. thanks!

Considering that DC isn't even releasing it until this fall, and the aftermarket is ALWAYS a year or two behind. I think it'll be quite a while before we see anything.

Divinitous 04-15-2006 08:53 PM

I was able to take my JK and put two more doors onto it. But i hear everyone is going to be doing this also.

scottyc 04-17-2006 05:50 PM

Here's mine with a 4" lift:

http://www25.addr.com/~scottycc/randomimages/myrig

jplover2 04-17-2006 06:28 PM

i've heard ppl make comments that it favors a hummer..after seeing that picture..i'll have to say it really does favor it alot with the hard top on.

mpd8488 04-17-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raab3485
Considering that DC isn't even releasing it until this fall, and the aftermarket is ALWAYS a year or two behind. I think it'll be quite a while before we see anything.

Maybe DC will give some aftermarket companies a couple of them before they are released to begin working on them early. I know Toyota did that with their FJ cruiser so there would be aftermarket parts available relatively quickly after it was released. Though maybe they won't because they just want us to buy Rubis instead of modifying the other trim levels.

Aphelion79 04-17-2006 06:41 PM

Does this new Jeep stand for "Just Kidding" and DC isn't really going to release it? :D

got_4_lo 04-17-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphelion79
Does this new Jeep stand for "Just Kidding" and DC isn't really going to release it? :D

thats what i was thinking :p

Border Dave 04-17-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyc

That looks great, but you need bigger tires on it.

kaketj 04-18-2006 02:10 AM

Aftermarket company's in good standing(AEV,warn,bestop,) with DC most likely
have already recieved their copy of the new JK Wrangler, and the knowledge to by-pass the "trouble" systems on the rig!
Think about it DC knows that the jeep(tj,yj.cj) is one of the after markets biggest money generators and alot,not all,but alot of the buyers modify alot of oem parts,some buyers purchase Jeeps because of the options on the aftermarket:D now think about this,DC is going to make the first company rich that gets those lifts out for the JK,and I'm sure that deals have been made:cool:
AEV is a cool company,but it is the bastard child of ARB and DC,we all know this and that is why they had a lift out for the new grand cherokee/commander long before anybody else and those lifts already had ways to defeat the roll assist and the traction control system when larger tires were added :rtft: conspiracy,nope just common sense:wave:

russkrs 04-18-2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyc

*cough* H3 *cough* H3

adam728 04-18-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russkrs
*cough* H3 *cough* H3

Exactly! :laugh:

USAFCOP 04-18-2006 09:37 AM

it looks like a honda element and an H3 got together to make a vehicle that is longer, more expensive, oddly SUV like, and MUCH MUCH MUCH more complicated, Skid control, Electronic Sway bar disco's, Nav, computer based...these are all good things...for the soccer mom, on the trail I dont want to have to fight my rig because something elecronic isn't wkring. Thats why Electronic shift on the fly sucks, it "works" until you REALLY need it to, and you cant manually engauge.
This happened with diesels. I had a ford powerstroke ( 6.0 ) but it was computer controlled. more HP, more TQ, BUT...less reliable that the cummins because that motor was still Mechanicaly controlled....
For the DD, the fold down seats, HUGE head rests, longer WB, all great stuff...for the person who likes taking it apart and 'figuring' it out, modding it, and beating on it...this looks like its going to be more costly and a headache than Jeeps are known for....just my 02....I also made sure I got an 06....the last of the 4.0l = ( but time will tell....I might be wrong,

scottyc 04-18-2006 09:48 AM

I added a pic of an h3 to that link, for comparison.

I'm really not seeing it. I mean, obviously, they're both four door SUVs whose designs are based on capable military offroad vehicles. Other than that, where are the similarities?

The fenders are as different as can be. The tail lights are completely different. The h3's windows are short and wide, the JK's are almost square. The JK has exposed hinges, black trim, and A REMOVABLE ROOF.

I task you to design a four-door offroad capable SUV and have it not look somewhat similar to both the JK and h3. There's only so much room for differentiation, and I think these two are about as far different as you can get. Just MHO.

Nick ZJ 04-18-2006 03:40 PM

http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4023923&s=NewYork2006

I found this on a forum down here for any of you all who havent seen this video yet.

The time now is 07:06 AM.