any good solutions for a 2 door cargo net - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > any good solutions for a 2 door cargo net

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 11-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

any good solutions for a 2 door cargo net

I want a cargo net for when I go to the keys. Take the back seat out and keep the top on. I was going to use the mounting bolt holes for the hard top. Or maybe the tiedowns we have in the back.

Have to look around at PepBoys locally to see what they had for some sort of stretchy net.

I don't want the cage net as I want to keep the top on. This is just to keep stuff tied down with the top up or down.

Did not see anything in the catalogs I get as of yet.

Any ideas would be great.

I think a truck net might work but I have to get the exact measurement off my Jeep to see what might fit.

If anyone knows the LxW of the back cargo on a 2 door let me know. I am not near the Jeep now and want to check a few stores on the way home.

Unread 11-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I use this one in my 2-door. It fits with the backseat in place, though I usually keep the seat in the garage. The sticky tape isn't strong enough for anything, but it comes with screws/backplates that work great. I'd absolutely buy it again.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I use a net from Safari Straps. They have many different sizes.
I also installed some strong tie-downs.
This may be more than you are looking for, but if you're wanting to tie stuff down, it should be good enough to keep things in place if you crash and/or roll.

ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #4
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
I use this one in my 2-door. It fits with the backseat in place, though I usually keep the seat in the garage. The sticky tape isn't strong enough for anything, but it comes with screws/backplates that work great. I'd absolutely buy it again.
Thanx i saw that one but i want one more like the second post. I want to stretch over everything. Like ronjenx said to keep things in place.

I saw a guy with a TJ and top down on us1 in the keys and I don't know what happened but his suitcase jumped off the back seat as he was driving and ended up in the road.

I saw the jeep parked at a bar with everything in it then later down the road he was stopped picking up his stuff. Figured I would not be that guy
Unread 11-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
SlyDawg64

2014 JK Wrangler 

I use a stretchy short bed truck cargo net on my 2 door. I have hooks mounted to the bolts holding the top down for each side and use the provided hooks at the rear. Has worked for 3 years for me and secures items in the back but is easy to unhook to remove items.

Old:
2010 JK Rubicon, 2 dr., 3" Terraflex lift and adjustable rear track bar, Toyo 35x12.5 tires, custom bumpers, Warn Powerplant, KC lights, B&M trans cooler, etc.
SlyDawg64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Any pictures?
Model or part number . I know its been 3 years but had to ask
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
jeepdoc32
2013 JK Wrangler 

Home made cargo net

Spend $6.00 at Home Depot for 100 feet of 1/8" nylon rope and 2 hours of your time to make a cargo net any size you want.
Make overhand knots spaced 6' apart in horizontal rows (see diagram 1), then overlap vertical rows by interlocking overhand knots (see daigram 2).
Finish it off with 3 foot lines at each corner.
A taut-line hitch secures the net after passing through the tie downs around the rear compartment and rear seat anchors.
jeepnet01.jpg

jeepnet02.jpg

jeepnet03.jpg

jeepnet04.jpg

jeepdoc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

nice work. thanx for the write up. I am guessing paracord would work too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.