Any "Classic" Color Guys Regret Not Getting a Different Color? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Any "Classic" Color Guys Regret Not Getting a Different Color?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

View Poll Results: Do you ever regret getting a more unique color?
Yes, quite a bit. 2 3.39%
No, not really. 45 76.27%
Meh, every once in a while. 12 20.34%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Any "Classic" Color Guys Regret Not Getting a Different Color?

Just wondering if any of you guys that bought either a Red, Black, Silver, or White JK ever regret not getting a more unique color?

Don't get me wrong, I love my flame red Jeep and the black/red color scheme I have going for it but sometimes I pass the rescue green, steel blue, and even yellow jeeps and wish I had gotten something a bit different.

DeepSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to have Jeep Green with a tan top.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

i wish they would offer the tan top and seats.. eaiser to hide the mud.. lol

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
plk457
2007 JK Wrangler 

The decision was between black and recue green. Every once in a while when I see my dirty black jeep I think I should have gotten the green.
plk457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
TheGillz
2008 JK Wrangler 

I also would have gotten tan tops and seats if it were avail.
0lllllll0¬
.....|¯/¯¯¯\¯\_|__|¯¯ºŒ---------¬<=##=>
.....¯ (o)_)-)_)........…(o)_)÷)_(o)_)÷)_)
TheGillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Nope-- I've done wild and mild paint & color schemes. Black is perfect for me this time around. Though had orange been available, I'd have gotten it instead.
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
Tornado
2008 JK Wrangler 

I had only a couple things I definitely wanted in my Jeep back in November when I was looking: four door, hardtop, manual transmition, and I did not want white or yellow.

My local dealer didn't have any Wranglers and he could only find a handfrul in Michigan that met those criteria (I think the manual trans was the hang-up). No dealership that had one would give it to my local dealer so I had to get a dealer from 350 miles away to meet me half-way to get one.

It ended up being a loaded Black Sahara, I definitely wanted a Rubi, but was under a time crunch and had to buy in a hurry. I wouldn't say I regret getting the black, it looks great when its all cleaned up, but every now and then I think it would be cool to have a green or red one.

It's was hard to believe in Michigan my options would be so limited, but now I go to my local dealer (well the closest one, only 60 miles away) and he has 4 Wranglers and three of them are 4 doors.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

I consider Jeep Green to be a classic color

And everytime I get a new set of pinstripes on it, I wish (for a moment) that I had gotten silver- no other color hides the pinstripes like silver does.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I love my White Jeep. My second choice would of been, at the time Rescue Green.. but now that I seen steel blue, I like it better then all of them :X

But heck, I love my Jeep. It does what I need
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
dstephns
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
I consider Jeep Green to be a classic color

And everytime I get a new set of pinstripes on it, I wish (for a moment) that I had gotten silver- no other color hides the pinstripes like silver does.

I love my Jeep Green but sometimes I think (living in AZ) white for me would have been more practical. White also hides AZ pinstriping pretty well. I sold my white f150 though and was ready for a change.
dstephns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
MiamiPaco
2007 JK Wrangler 

I love it all Black. Started looking at Rescue Green which I liked a lot, but that dealer wouldn't deal, so off I went.
Unread 06-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
jprcrpr
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've had a Solar yellow TJ, a Black LJ, and now have a Jeep Green JK. I liked them all. However the Black and the Jeep Green show the dirt the most.
Unread 06-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #13
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
Just wondering if any of you guys that bought either a Red, Black, Silver, or White JK ever regret not getting a more unique color?

Don't get me wrong, I love my flame red Jeep and the black/red color scheme I have going for it but sometimes I pass the rescue green, steel blue, and even yellow jeeps and wish I had gotten something a bit different.
Well, I really, really, really wanted flame red - but had to settle for silver. Of the three colours I was willing to accept, red, silver and (dark) green, you've listed two of them as classic colours. The dark green is the same colour as my last vehicle of 14 years, so I don't miss it much.

So for me, the answer is a definite NO.

As it so happens, my scooter is the same colour. I didn't go looking for silver either - it's just what they had when I made the impulse buy (:

By the way, the silver ones are leak-proof.

Also by the way, how is black not a classic colour?

Last edited by waterboarder; 06-11-2008 at 05:10 PM..
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've got the silver and I love it. Hides trail rash and doesn't turn into an oven on hot days. Of the 9 vehicles I have owned only my first (1981 baby blue buick regal!) wasn't white or silver. So no, not even a little regret here!
Unread 06-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #15
rayzordee
2008 JK Wrangler 

JEEP green rules!
IMHO

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.