Another light bar wiring question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Another light bar wiring question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 06-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
Chinadoc
2010 JK Wrangler 

Another light bar wiring question

I got a rugged ridge light bar that mounts to the front bumber. It came with three lights but only installing two. I'm not yet brave enough to install the third. Pretty much figured out the mounting and most of the wiring. I'm stuck on the harness that has the switch on it. There is a red wire, black wire and white wire. The diagram states to connect white wire to head lamps. So it brings me to ask:

1. Where are my headlamp wires?
2. I want to be able to use them independently,will it do this?

Now please remember, up to this point I have attributed anything that went wrong with my Jeep JK to solar flares. That's about how much I know about electrical. So please explain it at a Pre-K level:P

This is what I have:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97...googlemerchant

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my last Jeep mod until I finish my motorcycle and 4-wheeler. Thanks.

Chinadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

You can either the white wire to the Aux power port on the right, It's constant (on even if the engine is off), or the power port/lighter or the left (ignition only) depending on whether or not you want the lights on with or without the engine running. If you use the headlamp power wire, the switch will only be hot when the lights are on.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light bar , rugged ridge , wiring

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.