Android phones with "Call Completed" issue (info) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Android phones with "Call Completed" issue (info)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO TeraFlex JK 2/4 Door 2.5" Lift Kit!! DEALS AT ROCKRID

Unread 04-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
xsdbs

Android phones with "Call Completed" issue (info)

***Moderators, can you make this post a sticky?

I thought that I had posted this information here but guess that I didn't. Chrysler released a TSB (#08-112-14) for this issue and it can eithe rbe done at the dealer or by you. Here's the information:

All of the Uconnect SW updating is done the same as it has been for the last 5 years.

*******NOTE***** this TSB will only work on the following radios -----RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB. it will not work on the 730N radio.

Here are the instructions:
(and the file is below)

1) Download the file from the Mediafire link that I sent you.
2) Save the file to a thumb drive that has been formatted to FAT32.
3) Rename the file by deleting (Android1) so that the file reads uconnect.upn.
4) Place the thumb drive into the USB connector (I’m not sure which radio that you have but if it’s a touchscreen radio, don’t use the USB connector on the radio faceplate. You must use the remote USB connector that is attached to the Uconnect module)
5) Press & release the Uconnect phone button and say “set up, software update”.
6) Uconnect will respond with “starting SW update and you will now start hearing beeps, the beeps will go for about 20- 25 minutes (however, I have been told that some thumb drives have taken a little longer due to their transfer speed). Once you hear that the beeps have ended, the update is finished. Uconnect will go thru a reboot now.
7) If while you’re doing the update, you hear an error message stating “the digital signature is……….”, please try a different thumb drive.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8z...1)uconnect.upn

xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
***Moderators, can you make this post a sticky?...

Sorry, no sticky. There are plenty now as it is and if we stickyed every request then everyone would have to go to page 2 just to get past sticky’s. Also it’s a fact that sticky’s just go unnoticed for the most part anyways.
Unread 04-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

Good point on sticky, how many jeeps have ripp superchargers?
73azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
goodwrenchdave
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73azbronco View Post
Good point on sticky, how many jeeps have ripp superchargers?
X2- I always figured they (RIPP) either paid for free advertising as a sticky or somebody high up got a kickback.
goodwrenchdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
xsdbs

Well, I guess it's too bad that helpful information can't be easily found. I just figured that good solid technical help should be up front for people to locate.

I'm curious about what "RIPP superchargers" have to do with the audio section anyway? Seems that would be in a different section than this would be.
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.