***Moderators, can you make this post a sticky?
I thought that I had posted this information here but guess that I didn't. Chrysler released a TSB (#08-112-14) for this issue and it can eithe rbe done at the dealer or by you. Here's the information:
All of the Uconnect SW updating is done the same as it has been for the last 5 years.
*******NOTE***** this TSB will only work on the following radios -----RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB. it will not work on the 730N radio.
Here are the instructions:
(and the file is below)
1) Download the file from the Mediafire link that I sent you.
2) Save the file to a thumb drive that has been formatted to FAT32.
3) Rename the file by deleting (Android1) so that the file reads uconnect.upn.
4) Place the thumb drive into the USB connector (I’m not sure which radio that you have but if it’s a touchscreen radio, don’t use the USB connector on the radio faceplate. You must use the remote USB connector that is attached to the Uconnect module)
5) Press & release the Uconnect phone button and say “set up, software update”.
6) Uconnect will respond with “starting SW update and you will now start hearing beeps, the beeps will go for about 20- 25 minutes (however, I have been told that some thumb drives have taken a little longer due to their transfer speed). Once you hear that the beeps have ended, the update is finished. Uconnect will go thru a reboot now.
7) If while you’re doing the update, you hear an error message stating “the digital signature is……….”, please try a different thumb drive.